- Posts: 56
- Thank you received: 0
Alphauserpoints (Division by zero)
- onzekralen
-
Topic Author
- Offline
I wanted to start using alphauserpoints but i run into an error and i don't know why.
I have added some print screens from my settings.
My idea is to have 1 point for every euro spent and i want to give 1 euro discount per 25 points.
I hope you can help me!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please remove the '25' in the GROUP_POINTS option and try again.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- onzekralen
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 56
- Thank you received: 0
But .... i just did a testorder.
In stead of me getting new points for my purchase, it deducted my points.
I have inserted some printscreens to help you with my settings. In the rules section of alphauserpoints i've changed the category but that's the only thing i can think of.
Second question, i dont see an extra payment method in my checkout. So how can ppl choose whether they would like to exchange the points or not?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I see that you restricted the alphauserpoints plugin to the Netherlands, so if your address is outside, it won't propose you to pay with your points.
Maybe that's why ? You also need to have enough points in order to pay with them. Is that the case ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- onzekralen
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 56
- Thank you received: 0
I have version 1.5.8:
* @version 1.5.8
I deleted the netherlands restriction.
I had 25 points the last time i tried it, and it deducted all my points after completing the order.
I will try it now to see how it works with my new settings.
I do see some changes now since i've updated all my codings (which i did earlier tonight).
I now get this on my checkout:
Points discount € 0,00
Points used -60 AUP_POINTS
There are 2 things wrong ..
1 is that the customer should have the option to exchange points or not.
2 is that the point discount is 0,00 while my points are worth 0,05 each.
I will complete the order to see i have saved some points.
At completion of my order i now get the message that 60 points are deducted.
That is correct with what i saw in the checkout.
In Alphauserpoints i now see another activity that i completed my order and that 60 points are deducted.
Still no new saving of points ......
By the way: I had given myself 75 points, so i had enough points.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
That option allows the user to directly use the points he would have by completing the order in order to pay the current order. So it takes those points, plus some of the points you already had for that. That's why you get a point deduction.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- onzekralen
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 56
- Thank you received: 0
I did what you said and that indeed works.
But do you have any tips on how to use the payment methods now?
I have put in my settings that customers can exchange their points for less than their purchase order.
But now you first need to check the 'exchange points' button on the payment method page, then HS makes a coupon and deducts it from the total order, but now the customer has to go back to the payment method page to choose the way they wanna pay the rest of the order (bank, ideal or paypal).
Do you have any tips in how to put those settings better?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- onzekralen
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 56
- Thank you received: 0
Here's my checkout workflow:
page1 - login+address+cart+fields
page2 - shipping method
page3 - payment method
page4 - cart+status+coupon
My points setup is no to virtual points and no to virtual coupons.
When i do a purchase i can choose to exchange points on page 3 (payment method). Here it allready indicates that there will be a coupon made that gives the discount for the points. Since i can only choose 1 payment method, i choose this and click next.
On page 4 i see that i have chosen the points, but there is no coupon made. i click next.
My page reloads and im still on page 4, only now i see the coupon and the discount. I also get a system message that my points are deducted.
That i dont see the coupon and discount the first time i get on the page is weird. Thats issue1.
The next issue now is that im on page 4 of my checkout and i still have a part of my order to pay.
But i dont have the payment methods here, so i just click next to see what happens. Thats issue 2.
I get send back to page 1 and get the following error:
PLEASE_FILL_ADDITIONAL_INFO
Thats issue 3.
I havent gotten any order completed successfully since i get this message.
Any help would be great.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- onzekralen
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 56
- Thank you received: 0
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Sorry for that, I missed your message.
What you're describing is kind of normal. The points coupon is added at the end of the checkout.If you want to have it more natural, you should either turn on the "use virtual coupon" option or put the payment view on the last step.
Regarding PLEASE_FILL_ADDITIONAL_INFO, it's an error related to custom fields. Could you try to replace the file components/com_hikashop/controllers/checkout.php with that one.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- onzekralen
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 56
- Thank you received: 0
I don't know what to do anymore .. i think I'm gonna kill the plugin ...
I used your checkout.php and i didn't get that message anymore so that's good.
But i think i'm gonna quit this one .. i just don't seem to get it to work ....
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
It must come from the configuration of the AUP plugin itself.
Could you do a screenshot of the options ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.