- Posts: 5
- Thank you received: 1
Associate Price, Size etc with Characteristic
- cjvilla2012
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
14 years 3 months ago #53298
by cjvilla2012
Associate Price, Size etc with Characteristic was created by cjvilla2012
Hi, I would like to associate a price, size and weight with a given characteristic. I sell photographs and I want to be able to have categories for Print Type (mounted, unmounted) and size (12x18, 18x24, etc). Then I would like to set a price, size and weight for each variant. For example:
Mounted 12x18, $10
Mounted 18x24, $20
Unmounted, 12x18 $8
Unmounted 18x24, $16
The way I am doing this now requires me to assign a group of characteristics to a specific product (in this case a specific photographic image), then go through each variant and assign a price, size and weight. This means I am essentially enterng the same information over and over again. It also means if I ever change the price for a specific variant, I have to go to each print product and update them.
I imagine I must be doing this wrong, and there must be an easier way.
Thank you
Mounted 12x18, $10
Mounted 18x24, $20
Unmounted, 12x18 $8
Unmounted 18x24, $16
The way I am doing this now requires me to assign a group of characteristics to a specific product (in this case a specific photographic image), then go through each variant and assign a price, size and weight. This means I am essentially enterng the same information over and over again. It also means if I ever change the price for a specific variant, I have to go to each print product and update them.
I imagine I must be doing this wrong, and there must be an easier way.
Thank you
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 3 months ago #53398
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Associate Price, Size etc with Characteristic
One possibility is to use options instead of characteristics:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...ct-form.html#options
Also, in the Business edition, you can duplicate products (and its variants) so that can speed up products creation if they have the same prices/variants all the time.
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...ct-form.html#options
Also, in the Business edition, you can duplicate products (and its variants) so that can speed up products creation if they have the same prices/variants all the time.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.135 seconds