- Posts: 19
- Thank you received: 0
Category div container shifting
14 years 3 months ago #53475
by ryand500
Category div container shifting was created by ryand500
When I enter a category it displays like this
However when I enter a sub category of that category it displays like this
I fixed the subcontainer box width to 200 px, which fixes only when i have four sub categories, it comes out looking like the one above
.hikashop_subcontainer{
padding-top:10px;
padding-bottom:10px;
padding-right:2px;
padding-left:2px;
height: 230px;
width: 200px;
}
otherwisee if i remove the width 200px it comes out like this.
Im not sure whats going on and why the box widths are changing from category to subcategory. Please help
However when I enter a sub category of that category it displays like this
I fixed the subcontainer box width to 200 px, which fixes only when i have four sub categories, it comes out looking like the one above
.hikashop_subcontainer{
padding-top:10px;
padding-bottom:10px;
padding-right:2px;
padding-left:2px;
height: 230px;
width: 200px;
}
otherwisee if i remove the width 200px it comes out like this.
Im not sure whats going on and why the box widths are changing from category to subcategory. Please help
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
14 years 3 months ago #53480
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Re: Category div container shifting
Can you give us a like to your web site ? it would help us to know how to solve this.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 3 months ago #53483
by ryand500
Replied by ryand500 on topic Re: Category div container shifting
The website is still in test mode before we launch it, but here is the link
test.climatictech.co.za/index.php/en/
test.climatictech.co.za/index.php/en/
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
14 years 3 months ago #53486
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Re: Category div container shifting
I think that you can try at least to change the picture size in "Hikashop->System->Configuration->Files".
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 3 months ago #53491
by ryand500
Replied by ryand500 on topic Re: Category div container shifting
I have tried that already. although that only changes the picture size within the actual product page. To change the image size within a category you have to changed the image sizes in the associate modules. and they are all the same
test.climatictech.co.za/index.php/en/man...ory/96-uncategorized
In this link all the photos are perfect, just the way I want them
But in other places its different like the root category page
test.climatictech.co.za/index.php/en/manufacturer
Why is that so different if the images are set to be exactly the same size
test.climatictech.co.za/index.php/en/man...ory/96-uncategorized
In this link all the photos are perfect, just the way I want them
But in other places its different like the root category page
test.climatictech.co.za/index.php/en/manufacturer
Why is that so different if the images are set to be exactly the same size
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 3 months ago #53567
by ryand500
Replied by ryand500 on topic Re: Category div container shifting
No matter how small I make the images, the container keeps shifting to before the picture
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 3 months ago #53572
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Category div container shifting
The system uses the number of columns option of the listing in order to compute the width of each item box.
If you have images going "over" the item box, it means that you should either reduce the width of images, reduce the margin or reduce the number of columns or a mixed of these three parameters of your listing.
There is no need to change the CSS to avoid that.
I checked your links but I don't see the problem anymore. Did you figured something out already maybe ?
If you have images going "over" the item box, it means that you should either reduce the width of images, reduce the margin or reduce the number of columns or a mixed of these three parameters of your listing.
There is no need to change the CSS to avoid that.
I checked your links but I don't see the problem anymore. Did you figured something out already maybe ?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mohamed Thelji
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 3 months ago #53588
by ryand500
Replied by ryand500 on topic Re: Category div container shifting
I just changed the settings in the CSS and it worked fine for those pages but it threw some other pages out. So now i reverted the settings.
I've put the CSS styling on default so you can see what its doing.
I have tried all that already. I've made my margins 5px, reduced the image size to 100 X 100, and even the number of columns to 3
Its still doing this
Im not sure what more I can try
I've put the CSS styling on default so you can see what its doing.
I have tried all that already. I've made my margins 5px, reduced the image size to 100 X 100, and even the number of columns to 3
Its still doing this
Im not sure what more I can try
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 3 months ago #53681
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Category div container shifting
As far as I can see, it's just you're template's main area which doesn't take the full width of the page.
Adding such CSS on your website will make that happen and render the listing on the full width of the page:
#content_full{width:100%;}
Adding such CSS on your website will make that happen and render the listing on the full width of the page:
#content_full{width:100%;}
The following user(s) said Thank You: ryand500
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 3 months ago #53741
by ryand500
Replied by ryand500 on topic Re: Category div container shifting
Thanks Nick, I figured it out last night, when i switched over to another template and everthing was working perfectly.
Thank you very much for all your support.
Thank you very much for all your support.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.273 seconds