- Posts: 108
- Thank you received: 0
Registration Page...
Now first - don't laugh, but since my knowledge of PHP is well not yours and not even intermediate, I did my best...
I have modified the login_register.php file through the Views interface...
OBVIOUSLY, the following fields don't work correctly:
Title data field and State data field.
[and how do I NOT show the Country field without breaking the country/state combination dependency]
I know I'm not too far, but it's beyond my knowledge
The reason that I am doing this is to have a page with a LOT shorter height for the registration section...
THANKS
Sorry that I'm such an idiot with PHP.
Cheers,
Emmanuel Lemor.
This attachment is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
You're almost there.
What you should do for both those dropdowns is copy the HTML code generated by the system and copy/paste it there.
For the title dropdown you would have:
for the state dropdown you would have:
Also, since you put the HTML yourself, you should unpublish the country field, otherwise, the system will yell that you didn't fill the country. Finally, do not forget to remove the code generating automatically the fields as it might break the process. The code you should remove is this:
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I RULE ! it works...
[ OK OK fine so you RULE but I still think it's awesome and it looks a lot better - nice and short height wise]
www.acewasabisf.com/index.php?option=com...=4&mailid=13&subid=1
[If you or anyone wants to check it out..]
My next challenge will be to figure out how to move the REGISTER button up and to the right.
but seriously,
THANK YOU I couldn't have done it without you.
Cheers,
Emmanuel.
P.S.: It would be so cool if in some very future version there was a WYSIWYG editor where you could drag and drop
your fields in place sort of like a grid system... [just food for thought
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
For the wysiwyg editor, it's a bit out of the league of HikaShop. The goal of HikaShop is not to have a wysiwyg editor built in whereas solutions for advanced form creation already exists in Joomla. What might be interesting however is to find an way to integrate with a form extension so that you can really build what you want for the form with the form extension powerfulness and easily add that form inside the checkout... We will see but that's more in the long run I think.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I totally agree on the form extension integration - worse case I know a couple of borderline genius programmers that might be able to make a new form extension by the name of Adrien and Nicolas
Keep up the great work..
Cheers,
Emmanuel.
P.S.: My registration page is looking pretty good, just can't seem to effect the field names to put more spacing between the column but still pretty good.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Cheers,
Emmanuel.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
First, you need to put
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Thanks.. well the not understanding part is called i'm not a good enough programmer [not even a programmer at all in PHP
Thanks... [the selected="address_state_state_California_4265" was my last attempt trying different things
Merci,
Emmanuel.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 55
- Thank you received: 0
I would like to edit the values of the dropdown menu (Mr, Mrs,...) and put them in Italian...
I was trying to find the login_register.php file, as I read in this post...but I cannot find it!! :blink:
Where can I find it?
Thank you!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 55
- Thank you received: 0
Sorry to waste your time! (and also my time!! eheh!)
I was In Display->Custom fields to edit the default country and didn't realize that also the title values were there!!
Thank you!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
But I never found the Miss en Mr from the dropdown menu.
Now I found your post, and you are also directing me to the same direction, but still I cannot find them.
I looked in all the adress and login php files. (though the interface)
Do I need new glasses??
Wich one is it?
Thanks in advance.
Harold
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I found it in Display own fields,
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.