- Posts: 1
- Thank you received: 0
Getting started
- Ganderkids
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
14 years 3 months ago #53959
by Ganderkids
Getting started was created by Ganderkids
Hi,
I am a novice Joomla user - but can find my way around it. I have an existing Joomla website in 1.5 ( www.ganderkids.co.uk ) which is used currently to showcase products. I have purchased the business version of Hikashop, but am at a loss as to how to get started with converting my site to ecommerce. As the products are already listed as articles do I need to list them again as products in the Hikashop part of the joomla admin? Any advice would be great!
Thanks
I am a novice Joomla user - but can find my way around it. I have an existing Joomla website in 1.5 ( www.ganderkids.co.uk ) which is used currently to showcase products. I have purchased the business version of Hikashop, but am at a loss as to how to get started with converting my site to ecommerce. As the products are already listed as articles do I need to list them again as products in the Hikashop part of the joomla admin? Any advice would be great!
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 3 months ago #54010
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Getting started
Hi,
Joomla articles and HikaShop products are two different things. So you will have to create products in HikaShop corresponding to the articles in joomla.
Then, you have two approaches. Either you remove the articles from your front end and you add HikaShop products instead. Or you can also just add an "add to cart" link (you can get the HTML for that with the corresponding button when you edit your products in HikaShop) in your joomla articles so that it would automatically add the corresponding product in the cart and direct to the checkout when the user link on the link in the article.
Joomla articles and HikaShop products are two different things. So you will have to create products in HikaShop corresponding to the articles in joomla.
Then, you have two approaches. Either you remove the articles from your front end and you add HikaShop products instead. Or you can also just add an "add to cart" link (you can get the HTML for that with the corresponding button when you edit your products in HikaShop) in your joomla articles so that it would automatically add the corresponding product in the cart and direct to the checkout when the user link on the link in the article.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.180 seconds