- Posts: 80
- Thank you received: 0
Inventory, categories, characteristics
15 years 8 months ago #5407
by jmilli
Inventory, categories, characteristics was created by jmilli
Hi,
I am excited about evaluating your product, but ran into a snag.
I have products that vary in size and color.
How do I specify the correct category and characteristics so I can track inventory?
For instance, I have a harness (for dogs) that comes in small, medium and large and in colors of red, blue and black.
I created:
Category "Training Products"
Product "Harness"
Characteristics of "Color" and "Size"
I put the corresponding details; red, blue and black in "Color" and small, medium, large in "Size"
But, I can't seem to find a way to change inventory per characteristic, just product.
Please advise.
Thanks.
I am excited about evaluating your product, but ran into a snag.
I have products that vary in size and color.
How do I specify the correct category and characteristics so I can track inventory?
For instance, I have a harness (for dogs) that comes in small, medium and large and in colors of red, blue and black.
I created:
Category "Training Products"
Product "Harness"
Characteristics of "Color" and "Size"
I put the corresponding details; red, blue and black in "Color" and small, medium, large in "Size"
But, I can't seem to find a way to change inventory per characteristic, just product.
Please advise.
Thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 8 months ago #5411
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Inventory, categories, characteristics
In your product, you have a characteristics zone. There, to add your characteristics and save the product information.
When you do that, the system will create one variant of the product per combination of characteristics.
Then, you can use the "manage variants" button of that zone to edit each variant of your product and set specific options to it like the quantity so that stocks are handled for each variant of your product.
More information on: www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/i...html#characteristics
When you do that, the system will create one variant of the product per combination of characteristics.
Then, you can use the "manage variants" button of that zone to edit each variant of your product and set specific options to it like the quantity so that stocks are handled for each variant of your product.
More information on: www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/i...html#characteristics
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 8 months ago #5423
by jmilli
Replied by jmilli on topic Re: Inventory, categories, characteristics
Thanks for the fast response. Worked like a charm!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.179 seconds