- Posts: 80
- Thank you received: 0
Testing before launch - behind the scenes?
15 years 8 months ago #5424
by jmilli
Testing before launch - behind the scenes? was created by jmilli
This is a basic question, that I have wondered about Joomla for some time and never figured it out.
How can I setup my products and shopping cart functionality on an existing site without anyone else finding it?
If I create a menu item (even in the footer) I am concerned that someone might select it. I thought I could publish it, then copy the url and then unpublish it, but it does not allow me to access the page unless it is published.
There has to be a way to do this.
Thanks.
How can I setup my products and shopping cart functionality on an existing site without anyone else finding it?
If I create a menu item (even in the footer) I am concerned that someone might select it. I thought I could publish it, then copy the url and then unpublish it, but it does not allow me to access the page unless it is published.
There has to be a way to do this.
Thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 8 months ago #5425
by JIK
Replied by JIK on topic Re: Testing before launch - behind the scenes?
Hi, I overcome this by creating a seperate menu for Hikashop items that is only displayed when I’m logged into the front end.
Now when you login as administrator to the frontend you should see the Hikashop menu.
I email the URL to myself for convenience.
May help! cheers!
-
In the menu manager, create a new menu with desired Hikashop links to your shop
In the module manager, create a menu module for the new menu in the desired position and set it to “Registered” access (or special if you have users that regularly login)
In the menu manager, create another menu called say “TestingLogin” and add a User > Default login layout item to this menu. Do not create a module for this menu.
Now when you login as administrator to the frontend you should see the Hikashop menu.
I email the URL to myself for convenience.
May help! cheers!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.159 seconds