- Posts: 1
- Thank you received: 0
Tie all variant quantities to main product qty?
14 years 3 months ago #54721
by ddffnn
Tie all variant quantities to main product qty? was created by ddffnn
I'm setting up my site to sell paintings, and generally I will be selling them unframed. However, customers have the option of adding on a frame to any given painting. I was planning to use variants to handle this in HikaShop. For each painting there would be the normal unframed variant but the customer could also select the framed variant for a higher price. I have no desire to sell frames by themselves, and I don't need to provide any details about the frames, so I don't want to have frames listed as products. This seemed to be a great solution. However, only one of each painting is available, regardless of whether it is sold with or without framing. Is there a way I can tie both variants' quantities to the main product quantity so that if I sell the framed variant the unframed variant also goes out of stock?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
14 years 3 months ago #54735
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Re: Tie all variant quantities to main product qty?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 3 months ago #54774
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Tie all variant quantities to main product qty?
You can just set the quantity in your main product and not in variants. The system will use the main product quantity everywhere for all the variants of the product, like you want.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mohamed Thelji
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds