- Posts: 69
- Thank you received: 0
Free Shipping... on a random basis !
14 years 3 months ago #55115
by Pit Pony
Free Shipping... on a random basis ! was created by Pit Pony
Hi
I am looking for a way to give free shipping to certain categories or products.
I am currently using a manual shipping method that set a standard charge for a group of products.
I have added the latest plugin that allows charging by product but the problem is the group charge still shows, so I can not give free shipping...
I can create a work round setting an extreme weight condition for an individual product with a new manual shipping method but this may create problems in the future...
Has anybody else a solution for charging shipping for some products and not others... ?
Is it possible to use the Zones facility to work a solution.... ?
Thanks
I am looking for a way to give free shipping to certain categories or products.
I am currently using a manual shipping method that set a standard charge for a group of products.
I have added the latest plugin that allows charging by product but the problem is the group charge still shows, so I can not give free shipping...
I can create a work round setting an extreme weight condition for an individual product with a new manual shipping method but this may create problems in the future...
Has anybody else a solution for charging shipping for some products and not others... ?
Is it possible to use the Zones facility to work a solution.... ?
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 3 months ago #55176
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Free Shipping... on a random basis !
Hi,
You should not set a "price per product" in the manual shipping method and instead set the shipping price for the shipping method in each products thanks to the hikashop shipping per products plugin ( make sure that it is published via the joomla plugins manager and you will see the interface when you edit the products ).
You should not set a "price per product" in the manual shipping method and instead set the shipping price for the shipping method in each products thanks to the hikashop shipping per products plugin ( make sure that it is published via the joomla plugins manager and you will see the interface when you edit the products ).
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 3 months ago #55206
by Pit Pony
Replied by Pit Pony on topic Re: Free Shipping... on a random basis !
Hi
The 'price per product' is a very good plugin idea
Where the problem comes in is... I already charge a set 'one off' generic shipping fee on a range of over 500 products, a purchaser is charged the same amount if they buy 1 or 10 different products...
The 'one off' generic shipping fee is set in the 'price box' of a manual 'shipping method'...
I am now adding a completely different category of products, for some I want free delivery for others I want to charge...
If I set "price per product" in a new added item, the 'one off' generic shipping fee I already charge is also added...
The 'price per product' is a very good plugin idea
Where the problem comes in is... I already charge a set 'one off' generic shipping fee on a range of over 500 products, a purchaser is charged the same amount if they buy 1 or 10 different products...
The 'one off' generic shipping fee is set in the 'price box' of a manual 'shipping method'...
I am now adding a completely different category of products, for some I want free delivery for others I want to charge...
If I set "price per product" in a new added item, the 'one off' generic shipping fee I already charge is also added...
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 3 months ago #55235
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Free Shipping... on a random basis !
Then maybe you should duplicate your shipping methods and discriminate the products based on their volume so that it use one shipping method or the other based on which type of products are in the cart.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 3 months ago #55261
by Pit Pony
Replied by Pit Pony on topic Re: Free Shipping... on a random basis !
Hi
I can work a system that discriminates on the basis of a product attribute (eg volume) if it comes down to thats the only option.
Looking again at the "price per product" plugin...
I would assume if you invoked the "price per product" in a manual shipping method and set the set the shipping price for the shipping method in each product on a local basis, you would not want to use any generic values set in the Manual shipping method for "Price" and "Percentage"
Is it possible to do an override in the "price per product" plugin that negates any value in "Price" and "Percentage" when it is used on a product by product basis
eg
If Price > 0 then Price = 0
If Percentage > 0 then Percentage = 0
Thanks
I can work a system that discriminates on the basis of a product attribute (eg volume) if it comes down to thats the only option.
Looking again at the "price per product" plugin...
I would assume if you invoked the "price per product" in a manual shipping method and set the set the shipping price for the shipping method in each product on a local basis, you would not want to use any generic values set in the Manual shipping method for "Price" and "Percentage"
Is it possible to do an override in the "price per product" plugin that negates any value in "Price" and "Percentage" when it is used on a product by product basis
eg
If Price > 0 then Price = 0
If Percentage > 0 then Percentage = 0
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 3 months ago #55323
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Free Shipping... on a random basis !
Hi,
Sure, that's possible.
You can edit that in the onShippingDisplay function of the file plugins/hikashopshipping/manual/manual.php
Sure, that's possible.
You can edit that in the onShippingDisplay function of the file plugins/hikashopshipping/manual/manual.php
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 3 months ago #55560
by Pit Pony
Replied by Pit Pony on topic Re: Free Shipping... on a random basis !
Hi
If I alter a hikashop plugin will it be over written when I do a hikashop update ?
Thanks
If I alter a hikashop plugin will it be over written when I do a hikashop update ?
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 3 months ago #55632
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Free Shipping... on a random basis !
Yes.
But it's a joomla plugin... You can change it's name and install it with a name "manual2" instead of "manual". That will require that you modify that a bit everywhere in the plugin files and files name but it's totally possible.
But it's a joomla plugin... You can change it's name and install it with a name "manual2" instead of "manual". That will require that you modify that a bit everywhere in the plugin files and files name but it's totally possible.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds