- Posts: 5
- Thank you received: 1
SEO conflicting URL issue
14 years 3 months ago - 14 years 3 months ago #55320
by grafx
SEO conflicting URL issue was created by grafx
Hi,
I have a problem with an SEO conflicting with module names.
1. The main menu option at the top is named 'Product Range' which links to the url 'product-range.html' and shows a product list for all the categories.
2. But I have also added a sub category list in the same section which links to other product lists for each separate category within 'Product Range' -> 'Seperate Category' etc.
The problem is that in order to keep main menu 'Product Range' highlighted I have used the
'product-range/category/listing/15-seperate-category.html'
which doesn't seem to work. The only time I can get it to work is change the url to
'product-ranges/category/listing/15-seperate-category.html'
but then the top menu no longer highlights. Forgot: In order for the url to stay the same I have given both modules the same 'alias' name
cheers for any help.
I have a problem with an SEO conflicting with module names.
1. The main menu option at the top is named 'Product Range' which links to the url 'product-range.html' and shows a product list for all the categories.
2. But I have also added a sub category list in the same section which links to other product lists for each separate category within 'Product Range' -> 'Seperate Category' etc.
The problem is that in order to keep main menu 'Product Range' highlighted I have used the
'product-range/category/listing/15-seperate-category.html'
which doesn't seem to work. The only time I can get it to work is change the url to
'product-ranges/category/listing/15-seperate-category.html'
but then the top menu no longer highlights. Forgot: In order for the url to stay the same I have given both modules the same 'alias' name
cheers for any help.
Last edit: 14 years 3 months ago by grafx.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 3 months ago - 14 years 3 months ago #55368
by grafx
Replied by grafx on topic Re: SEO conflicting URL issue
UPDATE:
The way getting something which I thought was close by more or less placing a product listing module inside the product listing link/page. Worked until you select a individual product.
Also had to edit the category listing_list display line of code from:
if($found == $row->category_id){
$class=' current active';
}
to:
if($found == $row->category_id && $_SERVER != '/product-range.html'){
$class=' current active';
}
The way getting something which I thought was close by more or less placing a product listing module inside the product listing link/page. Worked until you select a individual product.
Also had to edit the category listing_list display line of code from:
if($found == $row->category_id){
$class=' current active';
}
to:
if($found == $row->category_id && $_SERVER != '/product-range.html'){
$class=' current active';
}
Last edit: 14 years 3 months ago by grafx.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.141 seconds