Skip to main content

Empty page for empty categories

More
11 years 9 months ago #183690 by Xavier
Hi,

Where have you done the edition ? In the "product / listing" view ?
If it is, so the message should not be displayed on the product page unless you have a module present under the product content and this module don't have products to display. So please check your module settings.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #183988 by nippyzap
Hi Xavier,

Yes the addition is in the product/product view listing. I have done a bit more checking and I have related products set to show at the bottom of the products page. If the product does have a related product then all is ok and it shows the module with items in it, but if the product does not have any related products it shows the There are no products in this catagory text but is missing all of the title etc for the module. the store is currently not online but I can give you a login to show what I mean if that would help.

Many thanks

Martyn

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 8 months ago #185070 by nippyzap
Any help with this would be appreciated as it is now delaying me putting the site online. I have checked and what appears to be the issue is that the code in the thread above overrides everything which because I have categories with no products in but do have subcategories the message shows (due to it trying to show the associated product listing for category listing menu) but I only need it to show when you get to the lowest level category and it still doesn't have any parts in.

For Example currently I see the message on all the levels

1. Engines
2. Gardner
3. Filter

I actually would only need this to work on the level 3. filters (is there a way to make the associated product listing for category listing menu only work on the lowest category level

nippyzap wrote: Hi Xavier,

Yes the addition is in the product/product view listing. I have done a bit more checking and I have related products set to show at the bottom of the products page. If the product does have a related product then all is ok and it shows the module with items in it, but if the product does not have any related products it shows the There are no products in this catagory text but is missing all of the title etc for the module. the store is currently not online but I can give you a login to show what I mean if that would help.

Many thanks

Martyn

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #196072 by mymall
Dear Sir
I implemented this as well, however the same message appeases on product page as well as on category listing page
Please advice how to show this message only on category page where no products on it
thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #196100 by Xavier
Hi,

Do you have edited the view "product / listing" as explained in this post ?
www.hikashop.com/forum/4-how-to/55625-em...?limitstart=0#170598

If it is, you should not have message displayed on the product page as this view is not called in the product page.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #196192 by mymall
Dear Sir
yes I did as per the thread and it shows the message in the empty category page, however it shows it as well in category listing (brands) and on product page

please see the following product page


Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.


and the following listing page (brands)


Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #196218 by nicolas
Hi,

Can you provide screenshots of the modification of the code you did so that we can see what you did ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #196247 by mymall
hi
attached the file listing.php

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #196255 by Xavier
Hi,

Please try with that file instead:
This attachment is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.


It include more conditions in the if/else to avoid this kind of situation.
If that don't do the job, please give us a backend access.
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by Xavier.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #196468 by mymall
hi
it still show the message in product page as well as in product listing modules which is empty like recently views module

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #196469 by mymall
sorry
this is a backend access

credential removed by a moderator

Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by Jerome. Reason: remove credentials

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago #196878 by Jerome
Hi,

I tried to take a look but I have to admit that I don't understand the situation
The link to the brand page just give me categories without products and the link you gave for the product page give me a 404 error page.
But in the "featured" menu, I can see listing and product pages...

So ; would it be possible to have some explanations about what you want to achieve ; what is currently good and what is not good ?

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.255 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum