- Posts: 9
- Thank you received: 0
Creating Custom Fields in the Checout process
14 years 3 months ago #55789
by ictfox
Creating Custom Fields in the Checout process was created by ictfox
Hello,
I have purchased Hikashop Essential version and I want to collect from my customers during the checkout process their e-mail address and mobile number ONLY and I don't want any registration or login process. I can see that in order to add any custom fields to the checkout process I must add the Login process to the checkout workflow so can you please support me and provide me with the steps to create collect custom info from my customers without any registration or login?
After searching I found an answer on the forum saying that I must create the fields under the table "Order" but actually I don't find any table named "Order" whenever I try to create custom field there is no table named "Order" ??
Second Question: Can I customize the e-mail sent to my customers and the website admin ? If yes then please provide me with the steps for this.
Appreciate your support
I have purchased Hikashop Essential version and I want to collect from my customers during the checkout process their e-mail address and mobile number ONLY and I don't want any registration or login process. I can see that in order to add any custom fields to the checkout process I must add the Login process to the checkout workflow so can you please support me and provide me with the steps to create collect custom info from my customers without any registration or login?
After searching I found an answer on the forum saying that I must create the fields under the table "Order" but actually I don't find any table named "Order" whenever I try to create custom field there is no table named "Order" ??
Second Question: Can I customize the e-mail sent to my customers and the website admin ? If yes then please provide me with the steps for this.
Appreciate your support
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 3 months ago #55847
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Creating Custom Fields in the Checout process
Hi,
I already replied to your contact request by email on that same question.
For everyone interested, here was my answer:
You need to:
- Change the option "registration" of the Checkout tab of the configuration to "no registration" and the option "login" to "no" on that same screen.
- Go in the menu Display->Custom fields and unpublish all the fields except the "telephone" one.
That's it.
If you want to change the text in the emails of HikaShop, you can use translation overrides:
www.hikashop.com/en/download/languages.html#modify
I already replied to your contact request by email on that same question.
For everyone interested, here was my answer:
You need to:
- Change the option "registration" of the Checkout tab of the configuration to "no registration" and the option "login" to "no" on that same screen.
- Go in the menu Display->Custom fields and unpublish all the fields except the "telephone" one.
That's it.
If you want to change the text in the emails of HikaShop, you can use translation overrides:
www.hikashop.com/en/download/languages.html#modify
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.193 seconds