- Posts: 9
- Thank you received: 0
change products names to arabic
14 years 3 months ago #55936
by ictfox
change products names to arabic was created by ictfox
Hi, I just bought Hika Shop Essential and I added all products in my shop but I need to make the product name to be viewed in Arabic when the site user change the site to Arabic and to be viewed in English when the site user changed the site to English .. How can i do that?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 3 months ago #55938
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: change products names to arabic
Hi,
You need to install the extension called Falang. Make sure that you are able to translate joomla articles with it (even if you won't use that).
Then, install HikaShop so that it adds the integration files with it.
Finally, turn on the Translation interface via the Languages tab of the configuration.
Then, you will be able to translate your products when you edit them.
You need to install the extension called Falang. Make sure that you are able to translate joomla articles with it (even if you won't use that).
Then, install HikaShop so that it adds the integration files with it.
Finally, turn on the Translation interface via the Languages tab of the configuration.
Then, you will be able to translate your products when you edit them.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 3 months ago #55992
by ictfox
Replied by ictfox on topic Re: change products names to arabic
Hi Nicolas,
Thanks for your reply. I have downloaded and installed Falang and I can translate articles in joomla and from the backend I can Edit Hikashop products in Arabic and English but in the Product listing page I only see the english product names...I don't know how to show the arabic product names I have added..Will you support me in this ?
Thanks for your reply. I have downloaded and installed Falang and I can translate articles in joomla and from the backend I can Edit Hikashop products in Arabic and English but in the Product listing page I only see the english product names...I don't know how to show the arabic product names I have added..Will you support me in this ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 3 months ago #56016
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: change products names to arabic
As I said, you need to install again HikaShop after Falang so that it adds the integration files with it. Without them, Falang won't see the translations you make in HikaShop.
Can you confirm that you did that ?
Note that you won't loose your data if you install again HikaShop and you don't need to uninstall it before installing it again.
Can you confirm that you did that ?
Note that you won't loose your data if you install again HikaShop and you don't need to uninstall it before installing it again.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 3 months ago #56032
by ictfox
Replied by ictfox on topic Re: change products names to arabic
Yes I did that and still the same the Falang did not see the translations and I installed Hika Shop after installing Falang
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 3 months ago #56065
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: change products names to arabic
Then you probably have access right issues on your website.
Copy the files from the folder administrator/components/com_hikashop/falang to administrator/components/com_falang/contentelements via FTP and that will add the integration files to falang.
Copy the files from the folder administrator/components/com_hikashop/falang to administrator/components/com_falang/contentelements via FTP and that will add the integration files to falang.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 months ago #57497
by ictfox
Replied by ictfox on topic Re: change products names to arabic
There is no folder named falang under the hikashop component and no folder named conetentelements under the falang component. Could you please help me in this ?
It would be great if you provided me with the files I need.
It would be great if you provided me with the files I need.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 months ago #57569
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: change products names to arabic
That's not possible. You must be looking at the folders components/com_hikashop and components/com_falang and not administrator/components/com_hikashop and administrator/components/com_falang as I said in my message.
The files of HikaShop are also in all the install packages of HikaShop under the folder back/falang so you can just extract the zip and get them from there.
The files of HikaShop are also in all the install packages of HikaShop under the folder back/falang so you can just extract the zip and get them from there.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ictfox
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 months ago #57584
by ictfox
Replied by ictfox on topic Re: change products names to arabic
Its now working great.
Thanks so much for your support
Thanks so much for your support
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.191 seconds