- Posts: 7
- Thank you received: 0
Vote feature not working
I have problem with the vote feature, the vote(stars) are displaying but when i mouse over/click on it nothing is happening. Its behaving like a static image, not taking any inputs. I guess something wrong with the javascript. Any help would be really appreciated.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
As you say it's probably a javascript issue on your website.
Can you give a link to your website so that we can see that ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
If you had changed the view files before updating, you didn't get some of the modifications for the votes interface that we added in the latest version.
You should try to revert your changes (after saving them in order to reapply them later) in the vote view files or the product view files and see if that helps.
If you can't find the problem in the views, you can send the url of your website via our contact form with a link to this thread:
www.hikashop.com/en/contact-us.html
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
As i agreed before that i will be sending you the website link. I have sent you the url of the website via contact form. Please have a look into it. I am having serious problem with the vote feature. Will be waiting for you reply.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
You have javascript errors coming from a conflict between jquery and mootools on your website:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...ty-issues.html#modal
Please insteall and publish the joomla plugin jquery easy and that should fix it.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Thanks for the reply. I installed the plugin which you told me to install, but still it didn't solve the vote feature issue. Moreover the plugin is conflicting with the slides(jQuery), so i was forced to remove it. Is there any alternatives?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Maybe there is another javascript error after you unpublish it ?
Unfortunately, I can't check that since that module is there.
You should unpbulish it again and look at your browser's javascript error console to see if you have any errors while on that page.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
<script type="text/javascript">
window.addEvent('domready', function() {
var rating = new hikashop_ratings(document.getElementById('select_id_1_hikashop_main_div_name'), {
Uncaught ReferenceError: hikashop_ratings is not defined
id : 'hikashop_vote_rating_product_1_',
showSelectBox : false,
container : null,
defaultRating : 4 });
});
</script>
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Uncaught TypeError: Object [object Object] has no method 'setStyle' in pumpkynhead.com/pondoly/media/com_hikashop/js/vote.js on line 21
That's in this file that the hikashop_ratings object is defined. That error occurs because mootools is conflicting with the jquery library coming from mod_userbook.
So it's all linked to mod_userbook as far as I can see...
You must still have it activated in some way.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
There are no more conflicts with the user_book(module) or any other modules/components. But still the voting feature is not working. I have sent you a private mail(contact us) regarding the error and new details. Thanks in advance.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I checked your links and I still see the conflict with userbook in your links. I reexplained with more details what you should do in my email to you.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.