Skip to main content

Newbie setup question

More
14 years 3 months ago #56117 by timgerrish
I have a number of products in my shop, most are standard (ie 20%) VAT, some are zero rated. I have set up the VAT rates, but whenever I change a non-tax price in the product, the linked tax price gets set to the same value. If I try changing the Taxed price the non-taxed price gets changed. The product is linked to the right VAT rate.

When I go to checkout, it calculates the VAT on the product and postage correctly, but only displays the non-taxed amount.

I'm guessing I've missed a fairly fundamental configuration step somewhere but I can't see it. What I need is for the product display (anywhere it's shown) to show the taxed amount - I'll settle for "£12.50 (£10.42 excl VAT)"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #56167 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Newbie setup question
1. That's because your "main tax zone" in the configuration is not in the zone of the tax you configured via the menu System->Taxation, or that you didn't configure the taxes properly. You can find more about tax configuration on that page:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...axation-listing.html

2. That's because you have the option "display taxed prices" of the display tab of the configuration set to not display the prices with tax I would say.

It's kind of hard to be sure without any information on how you configured your taxes and without seeing the result on your website.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #56188 by timgerrish
That was the one thanks. I'd managed to mangle the VAT zones so it didn't know what country I was in (it didn't help that I'd been testing overseas postage and set my country to Australia)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.204 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum