Skip to main content

Changing the shop Domain

More
14 years 3 months ago - 14 years 3 months ago #56342 by hamidre13
Hi all
I want to change my hosting url which has already Joomla and Hikashop on it.
after changing the domain can you tell what should i change in the Hikashop and Joomla configuration?
Last edit: 14 years 3 months ago by hamidre13.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #56426 by nicolas
Hi,

If the access to the database and the email sending parameters are different with your new hosting, you will have to update them in the configuration of Joomla.
There is nothing to change in HikaShop that comes to mind.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hamidre13

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago - 14 years 1 month ago #60114 by 1adamminic
Hello Hika. Thanks for making such a great cart. I have the paid version. I am now having a problem since I changed domains on my website. When I go to the order section and try to print a invoice the pop up shows my old domain parking page. For some reason hika is still reading my old domain name.

Any ideas on a fix?

Thank you,
Adam
Last edit: 14 years 1 month ago by 1adamminic.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #60116 by 1adamminic
Should I install new version of hikashop to fix the problems? I also can't add any pictures to products listings now that I changed the domain to a new one.

What do you recommend?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #60119 by hamidre13
Hi
As Nicolas said above as long as you just change your domain everything should be ok,for changing domain in joomla you have to go to the hos ftp and change the configuraton of the joomla.Change whereever you find your old domain name to the new one in that file.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #60188 by nicolas
Hi,

I don't think that updating will fix that.
HikaShop bases itself on the URL joomla tells it to use. That URL is either guessed automatically or is taken from the configuration of joomla if it's mentioned there.
So as hamidre13 said, you should check the configuration file of joomla for the URL of your website and make sure that you have the new one there.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.168 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum