- Posts: 5
- Thank you received: 0
Can I set a default payment method
Help is much appreciated.
Rob
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Just logout/login in order to clear your user session and see the new default selection.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I will be happy with some manual changes in files only for these customers
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
You would have to create a custom field of the table "user" via the menu Display->Custom fields.
Set it as a dropdown and have one value per payment method. In the value field, enter the id of the payment method and in the title, enter its name.
Then, in your users you will be able to select the payment method to become their default.
Finally, in the "payment" file of the view "checkout" via the menu display>Views, you would have to add at the beginning the:
<?php if(empty($this->payment_id)){ $user = hikashop_loadUser(true); $this->payment_id=$user->CUSTOM_FIELD_COLUMN_NAME;} ?>
where CUSTOM_FIELD_COLUMN_NAME needs to be replaced by the actual custom field column name.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 31
- Thank you received: 3
How can I force a default payment method? Do I need to edit checkout / payment.php ?
Thanks
Steve
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
However, if the user session data is not flushed, you will still get selected the one you had selected before.
So I still think that your problem is just temporary. Try with another user account.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 31
- Thank you received: 3
Many thanks
Steve
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I have one payment method and I created one "Customer orders menu". when user click on the menu, the "Orders" page will be open. he could see the order list and as I configured "Payment of orders not paid immediately" to "yes" in the configuration, then he could pay his order from this page now. but my first option in the "peyment dropdown menu" here is "None" and user should change it to "Paypal". is it any way to remove "None" state?
Please note I want to set "Allow customers to change their payment method after checkout" to "No" from "system/configuration/order". but if I set it to "No" user could not pay his order. because the payment drop down will not appear and first default pay method is setting to "None". then in this page user will see "Pay with" button. as I understood, user should see "Pay with PayPal" button. but as I told, the first default payment is "None" and he will see "Pay with" button. if he press that button, he will see "The payment method could not be found" Error Message.
Can you please tell me how I can solve it?
Thanks a lot for reading
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
It should not be necessary to enable that dropdown. When the user creates his order through the checkout, the payment method is assigned to the order automatically. So when he goes to his orders listing, he should already see the "pay with paypal" button.
If you don't see it, it means that either you removed the auto selection of the payment method on the checkout or that you created the order from the backend without adding the payment method to it, or that you edited the order created by the user and removed the payment method from it.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Thanks for your quick reply.
Yes you right, I set the "Auto select default shipping and payment methods" to "Yes" and now "Pay with PayPal" will be appear but there is another problem.
see, I want my customer, upload his file with his order without any payment in this progress until now. We will modify the file and we will notify him by email. then, He should come and pay the order to download the file.
I removed the "Payment" from the "System/Configuration/Checkout/Checkout workflow" but still, if I set the "Auto select default shipping and payment methods" to "Yes", after user click the "Finish" button at the last submitting order step, it will force automatically to connect to the PayPal Website. and as I told in my last post, if I set "Auto select default shipping and payment methods" to "No", the "Play with" button will appear again because default payment is "None" I think!
Can you guide me more in this way?
Thanks a lot
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Then, you should keep that option to "no" and when you notify the user by email via the order details page of the backend, before sending the email, you should just set the payment method of the order to PayPal. That way, the user would also see "Pay with PayPal".
Otherwise, you can leave the dropdown and try to remove the line:
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.