- Posts: 1
- Thank you received: 0
Linking Categories With Menu
14 years 2 months ago #57030
by Rio
Linking Categories With Menu was created by Rio
I have a small problem. I created Hikashop categories and products and linked them to main menu (dropdown menu at the top of the page)
The issue is that if I click on a main category in menu and then select a subcategory the url is different to that if I select a subcategory from dropdown menu. Problems arise also if I set design to a product listing as I have to set design 2 times.
If I select subcategory on dropdown menu the uls is ...index.php/orintal-tea/korean-tea
If I select category on dropdown menu and then subcategory the url is ...index.php/orintal-tea/category/18-korean-tea
The same products are displayed on both instances. I am sure that I have done something wrong but can't find how to correct it.
The issue is that if I click on a main category in menu and then select a subcategory the url is different to that if I select a subcategory from dropdown menu. Problems arise also if I set design to a product listing as I have to set design 2 times.
If I select subcategory on dropdown menu the uls is ...index.php/orintal-tea/korean-tea
If I select category on dropdown menu and then subcategory the url is ...index.php/orintal-tea/category/18-korean-tea
The same products are displayed on both instances. I am sure that I have done something wrong but can't find how to correct it.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
14 years 2 months ago #57084
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Re: Linking Categories With Menu
Hi Rio,
I don't think that you have done something wrong, because like the breadcrumb your URL show us how your customers find your product (with the category menu OR the subcategory).
Hope this will help you.
I don't think that you have done something wrong, because like the breadcrumb your URL show us how your customers find your product (with the category menu OR the subcategory).
Hope this will help you.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.205 seconds