- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 0
Trouble with manual shipping plugin
- gregoryleet
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
14 years 2 months ago #57144
by gregoryleet
Trouble with manual shipping plugin was created by gregoryleet
I've created shipping zones with sub-zones for each destination (see screenshots). Then, I created all the shipping methods in the manual shipping plugin, with variables based on zone and price by weight. However, I'm still getting the "No shipping methods available to your location" error message. I've checked and double-checked every item on the list of possible problems (
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...ins-listing.html#faq
) and everything seems to be configured correctly.
When I remove the "zone" parameter, the shipping seems to work fine. Have I done something incorrect in the zone configuration or is there something else that I've missed?
When I remove the "zone" parameter, the shipping seems to work fine. Have I done something incorrect in the zone configuration or is there something else that I've missed?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 2 months ago #57204
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Re: Trouble with manual shipping plugin
Hello,
you should :
1. Check that the shipping adress is in your zone.
2. Check that the product's/shipping method's weight/dimension unit are the same
you should :
1. Check that the shipping adress is in your zone.
2. Check that the product's/shipping method's weight/dimension unit are the same
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by Mohamed Thelji.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- gregoryleet
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 0
14 years 2 months ago #57238
by gregoryleet
Replied by gregoryleet on topic Re: Trouble with manual shipping plugin
Thank you for your reply.
I have shipping zones set up for the entire world (by using sub-zones within shipping zones), I've tried multiple addresses - in the U.S. and in Egypt - none of them work. It still displays the "No shipping methods available to your location" message. I'm using oz. throughout - on both the manual shipping parameters and for each product.
I have shipping zones set up for the entire world (by using sub-zones within shipping zones), I've tried multiple addresses - in the U.S. and in Egypt - none of them work. It still displays the "No shipping methods available to your location" message. I'm using oz. throughout - on both the manual shipping parameters and for each product.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- gregoryleet
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 0
14 years 2 months ago #57246
by gregoryleet
Replied by gregoryleet on topic Re: Trouble with manual shipping plugin
I viewed the Hikashop demo to compare the checkout process. I noticed that there is a drop-down box for state and country when filling out the shipping address. My site does not have drop-down boxes for either - just text areas. Could this be causing the problem, as it's not selecting an actual location from the database? If so, how do I fix this?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- gregoryleet
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 0
14 years 2 months ago #57254
by gregoryleet
Replied by gregoryleet on topic Re: Trouble with manual shipping plugin
The problem was that custom fields for country and state were set to "text", rather than "zone" to populate the drop-down boxes during registration. We're all set now. Thanks for your help!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.224 seconds