- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 0
Multiple sub categories displayed in module?
- Madhatterr
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
15 years 8 months ago #5757
by Madhatterr
Multiple sub categories displayed in module? was created by Madhatterr
Hello,
I have recently begun working on a small website to display and sell comics. What we would like is for the comics to be organized first by Manufacturer (Category) then Title (Sub Category). I have set up a Module on the front page that displays the Category with images and links to the Sub Categories. I know that in order for the links and pages to work they have to be assigned to a menu but I cannot figure out how to get multiple working Sub Category links from the single front page Module. I can only select one listing for the associated menu.
Is there a way to have a module with links to multiple pages?
madhatterrgames.com is what I've started with.
I have recently begun working on a small website to display and sell comics. What we would like is for the comics to be organized first by Manufacturer (Category) then Title (Sub Category). I have set up a Module on the front page that displays the Category with images and links to the Sub Categories. I know that in order for the links and pages to work they have to be assigned to a menu but I cannot figure out how to get multiple working Sub Category links from the single front page Module. I can only select one listing for the associated menu.
Is there a way to have a module with links to multiple pages?
madhatterrgames.com is what I've started with.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 8 months ago #5759
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Multiple sub categories displayed in module?
Hi,
Yes.
First, you need to create a new hikashop category listing menu in your joomla menu manager following that:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/6...html#categories_menu
If you don't want that menu to appear on your front page, you can just create a new main menu and attach that menu to it.
Once you're done, you can go in the options of your module (via the menu Display->Content modules) and set the option "menu" to the categories listing menu you created so that the system knows how to display the page once you clicked on one of the categories of your module.
Yes.
First, you need to create a new hikashop category listing menu in your joomla menu manager following that:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/6...html#categories_menu
If you don't want that menu to appear on your front page, you can just create a new main menu and attach that menu to it.
Once you're done, you can go in the options of your module (via the menu Display->Content modules) and set the option "menu" to the categories listing menu you created so that the system knows how to display the page once you clicked on one of the categories of your module.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Madhatterr
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 0
15 years 8 months ago - 15 years 8 months ago #5761
by Madhatterr
Replied by Madhatterr on topic Re: Multiple sub categories displayed in module?
Yes, I believe I have all of that set up correctly.
Here are several screenshots of the settings for the menu and the module. If you go madhatterrgames.com and click any of the titles under the Dark Horse listing they all go to the same Category page instead of taking me to a page with the Sub Category listings of just that title.
madhatterrgames.com/images/menu_type.jpg
madhatterrgames.com/images/menu_settings.jpg
madhatterrgames.com/images/associated_modules.jpg
madhatterrgames.com/images/module_settings.jpg
Here are several screenshots of the settings for the menu and the module. If you go madhatterrgames.com and click any of the titles under the Dark Horse listing they all go to the same Category page instead of taking me to a page with the Sub Category listings of just that title.
madhatterrgames.com/images/menu_type.jpg
madhatterrgames.com/images/menu_settings.jpg
madhatterrgames.com/images/associated_modules.jpg
madhatterrgames.com/images/module_settings.jpg
Last edit: 15 years 8 months ago by Madhatterr.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 8 months ago #5762
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Multiple sub categories displayed in module?
The problem is that you're using the same module for the listing of categories and as an associated module of your sub categories listing. You should create a new categories listing module which need to have the synchronize option active and the type of content as product, and then you can use that module as an associated module of your menu.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Madhatterr
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 0
15 years 8 months ago #5764
by Madhatterr
Replied by Madhatterr on topic Re: Multiple sub categories displayed in module?
Thank you! I think I'm starting to understand, at least I've gotten it working and the more I add to the site and get familiar with the options the more sense it will make. I appreciate the fast help.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds