- Posts: 30
- Thank you received: 1
downloadable file problem
14 years 2 months ago #57701
by no9w
downloadable file problem was created by no9w
Hi,
I am trying to use the downloadable file option in my shop. The first time I added the file just with the internal link ... 'audios/filename' ... and it worked (although the file was wrong), I got the e-mail with link and it downloaded for me.
I replaced the wrong file the same way, and now all I can get is a 'file not found' error when I click on the link from the confirmation e-mail. The correct file is much larger than the original one, would that cause a problem?
I searched the topics in the forum and found a similar one with your message as follows:
Please check that your file is in the upload secure folder of the configuration of HikaShop.
If you get that error, it means that the file does not exist in that path.
Maybe you changed the path ? In that case, you would have to move your files manually via FTP.
----
I looked in the ftp and did find the 'media/com_hikashop/upload/safe' folder, but it wouldn't let me ftp the file there. I am using the file from my control panel in 'audios/filename' I am not sure which is the correct place to put my file to get it to upload, since that worked the first time but not with subsequent tries. Would you also put audio files in the hikashop/upload/safe folder?
I very much appreciate your wonderful work and the expert help you give.
Thank you!
I am trying to use the downloadable file option in my shop. The first time I added the file just with the internal link ... 'audios/filename' ... and it worked (although the file was wrong), I got the e-mail with link and it downloaded for me.
I replaced the wrong file the same way, and now all I can get is a 'file not found' error when I click on the link from the confirmation e-mail. The correct file is much larger than the original one, would that cause a problem?
I searched the topics in the forum and found a similar one with your message as follows:
Please check that your file is in the upload secure folder of the configuration of HikaShop.
If you get that error, it means that the file does not exist in that path.
Maybe you changed the path ? In that case, you would have to move your files manually via FTP.
----
I looked in the ftp and did find the 'media/com_hikashop/upload/safe' folder, but it wouldn't let me ftp the file there. I am using the file from my control panel in 'audios/filename' I am not sure which is the correct place to put my file to get it to upload, since that worked the first time but not with subsequent tries. Would you also put audio files in the hikashop/upload/safe folder?
I very much appreciate your wonderful work and the expert help you give.
Thank you!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 months ago #57778
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: downloadable file problem
Hi,
Could you give the full link that you have for your downloadable file as well as a screenshot of what you have in the file data when you edit it ?
That would help us understand what you've done and where you should have your file uploaded.
Could you give the full link that you have for your downloadable file as well as a screenshot of what you have in the file data when you edit it ?
That would help us understand what you've done and where you should have your file uploaded.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 months ago #57836
by no9w
Replied by no9w on topic Re: downloadable file problem
Hi, Nicolas,
Here is the full link: newsite.christiansincrisis.net / audios / DiscoveringYourFullPotential.mp3
Here is a screen shot of the product page, is that what you needed? Sorry, I'm not totally sure if that is what you want, I'm not totally tech-savvy, obviously!
And, I could not make the screen shot work, so I copied the files section of the product page, is that what you needed?
Images
Add
Change Image Name Order Delete ID
Files
Add
Change Filename Name Downloads Free download Delete ID
audios / DiscoveringYourFullPotential.mp3 0 / Unlimited 27
Sorry about that. And, thanks so much for your help!
Here is the full link: newsite.christiansincrisis.net / audios / DiscoveringYourFullPotential.mp3
Here is a screen shot of the product page, is that what you needed? Sorry, I'm not totally sure if that is what you want, I'm not totally tech-savvy, obviously!
And, I could not make the screen shot work, so I copied the files section of the product page, is that what you needed?
Images
Add
Change Image Name Order Delete ID
Files
Add
Change Filename Name Downloads Free download Delete ID
audios / DiscoveringYourFullPotential.mp3 0 / Unlimited 27
Sorry about that. And, thanks so much for your help!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 months ago #57889
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: downloadable file problem
Did you change the "upload safe folder" option of the configuration of HikaShop ?
If not, your file DiscoveringYourFullPotential.mp3 should be in the folder media/com_hikashop/upload/safe/audios I think (it would have been better with a screenshot because it's hard to be sure about that).
If you entered the URL newsite.christiansincrisis.net / audios / DiscoveringYourFullPotential.mp3 for the file in the file options, then you should upload it in the folder audios of the root of your website.
If not, your file DiscoveringYourFullPotential.mp3 should be in the folder media/com_hikashop/upload/safe/audios I think (it would have been better with a screenshot because it's hard to be sure about that).
If you entered the URL newsite.christiansincrisis.net / audios / DiscoveringYourFullPotential.mp3 for the file in the file options, then you should upload it in the folder audios of the root of your website.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 months ago #57893
by no9w
Replied by no9w on topic Re: downloadable file problem
I'm on a different computer and got the screenshot to work! Maybe this will help? I don't think I changed the config on the upload safe folder.
Actually, all I entered in the product file area was 'audios/DiscoveringYourFullPotential.mp3' because I thought since it is in the control panel in the 'audios' folder that was all I needed. That is how I did it the very first time with the wrong folder, when it worked.
Thank you so much for your patience and help!
Actually, all I entered in the product file area was 'audios/DiscoveringYourFullPotential.mp3' because I thought since it is in the control panel in the 'audios' folder that was all I needed. That is how I did it the very first time with the wrong folder, when it worked.
Thank you so much for your patience and help!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 months ago #57951
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: downloadable file problem
You entered audios/DiscoveringYourFullPotential.mp3 so it means that the file needs to be in the folder:
media/com_hikashop/upload/safe/audios
if you want to have them in the folder audios of your website, you should either enter:
or
/home/user/path/to/website/audios/DiscoveringYourFullPotential.mp3 (you will have to replace /home/user/path/to/website by the absolute path of your website).
media/com_hikashop/upload/safe/audios
if you want to have them in the folder audios of your website, you should either enter:
Code:
http://newsite.christiansincrisis.net/audios/DiscoveringYourFullPotential.mp3
/home/user/path/to/website/audios/DiscoveringYourFullPotential.mp3 (you will have to replace /home/user/path/to/website by the absolute path of your website).
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 months ago #58031
by no9w
Replied by no9w on topic Re: downloadable file problem
Thank you, I entered the link as you suggested. When I got the confirmation e-mail and clicked the link, it opened another window and began playing the audio, but it did not download ... but, at least it did find the file.
It seems I must still be doing something wrong since it won't download ...
Thank you, again, for your time and expertise!
It seems I must still be doing something wrong since it won't download ...
Thank you, again, for your time and expertise!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 months ago #58105
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: downloadable file problem
No, that's ok.
Having it play or download is based on how you configure your browser. If it's configured to download the mp3 files, it will download them. If it's configured to play them, it will play them.
Having it play or download is based on how you configure your browser. If it's configured to download the mp3 files, it will download them. If it's configured to play them, it will play them.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 months ago #58117
by no9w
Replied by no9w on topic Re: downloadable file problem
I am so sorry to continue to bother you about this. I can't figure out how to change the download or play option for the mp3 on the browser, would you be able to tell me?
Also, on the confirmation e-mail I get with the link (see below), it shows the full website link, that doesn't seem secure to me, is there a away to change that and just link it to the title of download? I'm assuming it would be better to have the file in the hikashop safe folder, but I am not sure how to get it there. Do I ftp to that location? I tried that one time and it wouldn't let me.
SUMMARY OF YOUR ORDER
Name Unit donation Qty Total
Discovering Your Full Potential, mp3 download
newsite.christiansincrisis.net/audios/Di...ourFullPotential.mp3
Many thanks, again.
Also, on the confirmation e-mail I get with the link (see below), it shows the full website link, that doesn't seem secure to me, is there a away to change that and just link it to the title of download? I'm assuming it would be better to have the file in the hikashop safe folder, but I am not sure how to get it there. Do I ftp to that location? I tried that one time and it wouldn't let me.
SUMMARY OF YOUR ORDER
Name Unit donation Qty Total
Discovering Your Full Potential, mp3 download
newsite.christiansincrisis.net/audios/Di...ourFullPotential.mp3
Many thanks, again.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 months ago #58148
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: downloadable file problem
1. It depends on your browser. Here is a tutorial for Firefox:
www.ehow.com/how_2033405_manage-file-type.html
2. That's because you put the full URL of the file in HikaShop. Instead, you should put the file in the media/com_hikashop/upload/safe/audios folder via FTP and enter audios/DiscoveringYourFullPotential.mp3 in the file of HikaShop.
If you can't upload the file via FTP, it's because the permissions of that folder are not correct. Please fix them and it will work. Some information on permissions:
docs.joomla.org/Why_can't_you_install_an...p_advice_from_ianmac
If you don't know how to do that, you should contact your hosting company. They should be able to fix it for you.
www.ehow.com/how_2033405_manage-file-type.html
2. That's because you put the full URL of the file in HikaShop. Instead, you should put the file in the media/com_hikashop/upload/safe/audios folder via FTP and enter audios/DiscoveringYourFullPotential.mp3 in the file of HikaShop.
If you can't upload the file via FTP, it's because the permissions of that folder are not correct. Please fix them and it will work. Some information on permissions:
docs.joomla.org/Why_can't_you_install_an...p_advice_from_ianmac
If you don't know how to do that, you should contact your hosting company. They should be able to fix it for you.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 months ago #59137
by no9w
Replied by no9w on topic Re: downloadable file problem
Nicolas,
Thank you so much, it does seem to be working correctly with your much-needed help.
Hikashop is a wonderful option for a store and your kind, patient, and expert assistance is over and above what I expected. I will recommend this to everyone.
I do appreciate you.
Thanks, again!
Thank you so much, it does seem to be working correctly with your much-needed help.
Hikashop is a wonderful option for a store and your kind, patient, and expert assistance is over and above what I expected. I will recommend this to everyone.
I do appreciate you.
Thanks, again!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.226 seconds