- Posts: 2
- Thank you received: 0
Include Brand in breadcrumbs.
14 years 2 months ago #57779
by Maz
Include Brand in breadcrumbs. was created by Maz
Hi, excellent component! Thanks!
I can't understand if, or how I can include brands in the breadcrumbs.
I have two Hikashop Content Modules. One on the left showing categories and one on the right showing brands.
In the breadcrumbs when I navigate through the categories module on the left I get: Start > Productcatalog > Category > Product
But when doing the same with Brands on the right the brand is left out and I get: Start > Productcatalog > Product
I obviously want it to be: Start > Productcatalog > Brand > Product
I've compared modules and menus but can't find where to set this. (if at all possible?). Hope you can help.
I can't understand if, or how I can include brands in the breadcrumbs.
I have two Hikashop Content Modules. One on the left showing categories and one on the right showing brands.
In the breadcrumbs when I navigate through the categories module on the left I get: Start > Productcatalog > Category > Product
But when doing the same with Brands on the right the brand is left out and I get: Start > Productcatalog > Product
I obviously want it to be: Start > Productcatalog > Brand > Product
I've compared modules and menus but can't find where to set this. (if at all possible?). Hope you can help.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 months ago #57793
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Re: Include Brand in breadcrumbs.
Hi Maz,
When you create a content module, it is attached to a menu, and this menu name is normally displayed in the Breadcrumb.
In your "Brands" content module configuration, see which menu is attached to this module.
Then edit this menu, and change its name to "Brands".
When you create a content module, it is attached to a menu, and this menu name is normally displayed in the Breadcrumb.
In your "Brands" content module configuration, see which menu is attached to this module.
Then edit this menu, and change its name to "Brands".
The following user(s) said Thank You: Maz
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 months ago #57854
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Include Brand in breadcrumbs.
That menu should even be a menu of the type hikashop category listing with the "content type" option changed to "brand".
The following user(s) said Thank You: Maz
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 months ago #57925
by Maz
Replied by Maz on topic Re: Include Brand in breadcrumbs.
yes, I found out that this was the problem. The problem was both modules was assigned to the same menu item which was of type "category listing" but with "category" as "content type". Thus only the category was shown in the breadcrumbs, not the brand. Seems I can't have both modules display what I want using the same menu item. I'll rework my setup I think. Thanks a lot for your help!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.178 seconds