Skip to main content

font size Billing Address in confirmation email

More
14 years 2 months ago #57841 by crommie
Hi,

I would really like to change the font size of the heading "Billing address" in the confirmation email. I'm using the Business Edition, so far I've managed to change a few things in System -> Emails. Unfortunately the font size of "Billing addres" is not one of them :(

What should I do to change it?

Anja

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #57848 by Xavier
Hi crommie,

To change the font size of the heading "Billing address", you just have to edit the mail, and add the style "font-size..." in the line:
Code:
echo '<tr><td style="font-weight:bold;background-color:#DDDDDD">'.JText::_('HIKASHOP_BILLING_ADDRESS').'</td></tr>

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #57869 by crommie
Thank you Xavier. I actually tried that, but it didn't have any effect. The line now says:

echo '<tr><td style="font-weight:bold;background-color:#DDDDDD">'.JText::_('HIKASHOP_BILLING_ADDRESS').'</td></tr><tr><td>';

If I add a font size, nothing changes. What am I missing here?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #57923 by nicolas
Are you sure that you're modifying the correct email ?
There are two emails sent: the order creation notification when the order is created and the order status notification when the order is confirmed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #57929 by crommie
Hi Nicolas,

Yes, I'm pretty sure. I tested that by changing the background color of this particular line and that worked. But that's the only thing I have been able to change for this line, so far :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 2 months ago #57930 by crommie
Just to be sure: I'm editing the ORDER_CREATION_NOTIFICATION email.

To see what happened I switched to text email, and discovered that the Billing Address heading displays as

<h2>Factuuradres</h2>.

So somewhere something forces the heading to a h2. But what? And where?
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by crommie.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #57979 by crommie
Eventually I found a solution. Since the webshop only serves Dutch customers I replaced this:
Code:
echo '<tr><td style="font-weight:bold;background-color:#DDDDDD">'.JText::_('HIKASHOP_BILLING_ADDRESS').'</td></tr>

with this:
Code:
echo '<tr><td style="font-size:14px;font-weight:bold;">Je factuuradres:</td></tr><tr><td>';

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #58023 by nicolas
Then, it probably means that you must have a translation override of that text which adds the h2 tags I would say.
The following user(s) said Thank You: crommie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 2 months ago #58049 by crommie
Oops... I just discovered I did add the <h2> codes :blush:
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by crommie.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.202 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum