- Posts: 11
- Thank you received: 0
Confused about Joomla! templates and Hika styles
- Ludwig von Mises
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
14 years 2 months ago #58116
by Ludwig von Mises
Confused about Joomla! templates and Hika styles was created by Ludwig von Mises
Sorry for the total noob question, but I am a bit confused about how HikaShop can be styled. The HikaShop pages use very little of the Joomla! template CSS beyond the link colors and hover effects. For example, the Proceed to Checkout button appears with the style from the default atomic template even though I am using a template that has all buttons with special styling. I assume to correct this I need to modify the file in Hika admin and add the CSS classes necessary? Is that how it works? Item-by-item HikaShop style modification? Is there no other way to "import" the template CSS styles automatically or have HikaShop just "allow" itself to be overrided by my Joomla! template?
My second question is about the styles offered as a subscription on this website. Are they full Joomla! templates? Or just a collection of styling to be assigned in HikaShop admin?
I just want to make sure I have a decent understanding of how the theming works before diving in.
My second question is about the styles offered as a subscription on this website. Are they full Joomla! templates? Or just a collection of styling to be assigned in HikaShop admin?
I just want to make sure I have a decent understanding of how the theming works before diving in.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Ludwig von Mises
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 11
- Thank you received: 0
14 years 2 months ago #58123
by Ludwig von Mises
Replied by Ludwig von Mises on topic Re: Confused about Joomla! templates and Hika styles
Forget it. I got too anxious and went ahead and purchased the HikaShop Styles. Now I have a better idea of how it works. Thanks!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 months ago #58154
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Confused about Joomla! templates and Hika styles
As you found out already, the styles are not joomla templates. They are like kunena themes. They allow you to theme HikaShop so that it better fits with your joomla template.
You can further modify them via the CSS interface in the Display tab of the configuration if needed.
You can further modify them via the CSS interface in the Display tab of the configuration if needed.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.190 seconds