- Posts: 21
- Thank you received: 0
No Download Page
15 years 8 months ago #5824
by lodestone
No Download Page was created by lodestone
I am setting up a site that sells downloaded products. When the customer completes the payment it returns to the standard "Thank you for your order." page. There is no opportunity for the customer to download the product. How do I get it to work correctly?
Thanks,
--Allen
Thanks,
--Allen
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 8 months ago #5832
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: No Download Page
The download of the files are available on the order page. A link is given to the order in the emails sent to the user. You can also create a new joomla menu linking to the listing of orders of your users. Alternatively, you can add that link to the order page or redirect to it on that thank you page by editing the file after_end of the view checkout via the menu Display->Views.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 8 months ago #5998
by lodestone
Replied by lodestone on topic Re: No Download Page
Thanks for your reply.
I guess I don't understand. The order page shouldn't have a download link until after payment which occurs on the PayPal site. The "Thanks for your order." page that it returns the user to does not have a link. The email confirmation also did not have a link. Have I missed a setting or something?
Thanks,
--Allen
I guess I don't understand. The order page shouldn't have a download link until after payment which occurs on the PayPal site. The "Thanks for your order." page that it returns the user to does not have a link. The email confirmation also did not have a link. Have I missed a setting or something?
Thanks,
--Allen
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 8 months ago #6013
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: No Download Page
Yes, the order page will have a link to the files when the order is confirmed ie. when the payment is complete.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 8 months ago #6397
by lodestone
Replied by lodestone on topic Re: No Download Page
But it does not. That is the problem. Nor does the confirmation email contain any download link.
--Allen
--Allen
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 8 months ago #6399
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: No Download Page
Could you give us an access to the back end of your website so that we can test the problem as it's working on our end ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 7 months ago #6636
by lodestone
Replied by lodestone on topic Re: No Download Page
Nicolas,
Thanks. How do I send you the credentials?
--Allen
Thanks. How do I send you the credentials?
--Allen
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 7 months ago #6652
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: No Download Page
You can use our contact form:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/contact-us.html
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 7 months ago #7123
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: No Download Page
I got your credentials and went to you website backend.
I couldn't find any product with a file attached to it so that probably explains why you didn't had any files to download on the order page...
I found that a lot of your products had images attached to them but the image wasn't valid or something and the default image was used instead. So maybe you tried to add your mp3s via the images zone instead of the files zone ?
I couldn't find any product with a file attached to it so that probably explains why you didn't had any files to download on the order page...
I found that a lot of your products had images attached to them but the image wasn't valid or something and the default image was used instead. So maybe you tried to add your mp3s via the images zone instead of the files zone ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 7 months ago - 15 years 7 months ago #7128
by lodestone
Replied by lodestone on topic Re: No Download Page
Greetings,
Thanks for looking.
Not all images, etc. are put in yet as I am still testing the extension for suitability to my purposes. The product I'm testing with is in Music Downloads > Broken and Restored > Why Do Bad Things Happen. The file is named, "04 why do bad things happen.mp3."
Sorry. I should have steered you to the correct item.
I just tried it again and same result: goes through PayPal and comes back with only a thank you for your purchase.
--Allen
Thanks for looking.
Not all images, etc. are put in yet as I am still testing the extension for suitability to my purposes. The product I'm testing with is in Music Downloads > Broken and Restored > Why Do Bad Things Happen. The file is named, "04 why do bad things happen.mp3."
Sorry. I should have steered you to the correct item.
I just tried it again and same result: goes through PayPal and comes back with only a thank you for your purchase.
--Allen
Last edit: 15 years 7 months ago by lodestone.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 7 months ago #7130
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: No Download Page
Yes. When you come back from PayPal, by default, you lend on the thank you page.
You can change the return URL in the options of the paypal payment plugin so that it goes back to the listing of orders of the user. In the order page, once the order is confirmed, you will be able to download the files. You can login with the account you gave us and access the page:
musicalmission.org/site/component/hikashop/order/show/cid-4
You'll see that you will able to download the song.
You can change the return URL in the options of the paypal payment plugin so that it goes back to the listing of orders of the user. In the order page, once the order is confirmed, you will be able to download the files. You can login with the account you gave us and access the page:
musicalmission.org/site/component/hikashop/order/show/cid-4
You'll see that you will able to download the song.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.192 seconds