- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 0
Aligning the HikaShop Menu (solved)
- sebastien3k
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
15 years 8 months ago - 15 years 8 months ago #5826
by sebastien3k
Aligning the HikaShop Menu (solved) was created by sebastien3k
Hi Guys,
I'm just starting out my site at malltome dot com and i'm having trouble trying to align the top left menu on the front page that says 'mens' 'women's etc.
I've gone through making the default parameters for DIVs centered and tried going through css code and aligning text to the left but I haven't had success. Could someone point me in the right direction here? The module is the HikaShop Content Module.
Thanks for you time.
I'm just starting out my site at malltome dot com and i'm having trouble trying to align the top left menu on the front page that says 'mens' 'women's etc.
I've gone through making the default parameters for DIVs centered and tried going through css code and aligning text to the left but I haven't had success. Could someone point me in the right direction here? The module is the HikaShop Content Module.
Thanks for you time.
Last edit: 15 years 8 months ago by sebastien3k.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 8 months ago #5834
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Aligning the HikaShop Menu
Hi,
I see that the categories name in your module are all aligned to the left. If you want something like the joomla menu module, you should edit your hikashop module options and change the type of layout to "list" instead of "div". I also see that you didn't deactivate the synchronization option of the module and didn't specify a category listing menu in the menu option of your module. You should do that as well:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/6...ml#categories_module
I see that the categories name in your module are all aligned to the left. If you want something like the joomla menu module, you should edit your hikashop module options and change the type of layout to "list" instead of "div". I also see that you didn't deactivate the synchronization option of the module and didn't specify a category listing menu in the menu option of your module. You should do that as well:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/6...ml#categories_module
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- sebastien3k
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 0
15 years 8 months ago #5893
by sebastien3k
Replied by sebastien3k on topic Re: Aligning the HikaShop Menu
Thanks for the response Nicolas.. I could've sworn I made these changes.. I will verify this when I get a chance to look at my set module options.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- sebastien3k
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 0
15 years 8 months ago #5913
by sebastien3k
Replied by sebastien3k on topic Re: Aligning the HikaShop Menu
Hi Nicolas,
I'm sorry i had forgot to set the layout as 'list' instead of 'div' because i was still messing with it after i posted this thread.
I had set it to list now but i'm having trouble still setting the categories to align to the left. They still look centered within that module. I would like the options to be more in line with the links being shown in the 'main menu' module for example.
I was thinking maybe the list in the hikashop content module looks centered because it has bullets and it automatically indents it. I have no idea though.
Any suggestions to correct this Nicolas?
Thanks a lot for your help on this forum.
I'm sorry i had forgot to set the layout as 'list' instead of 'div' because i was still messing with it after i posted this thread.
I had set it to list now but i'm having trouble still setting the categories to align to the left. They still look centered within that module. I would like the options to be more in line with the links being shown in the 'main menu' module for example.
I was thinking maybe the list in the hikashop content module looks centered because it has bullets and it automatically indents it. I have no idea though.
Any suggestions to correct this Nicolas?
Thanks a lot for your help on this forum.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 8 months ago #5914
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Aligning the HikaShop Menu
In your hikashop module options you need to set the ul class parameter to " menu" and then, in the joomla module options, you need to set the module class to "_menu" (without the quotes). That will make your module use the same CSS classes definitions of your template than your menu modules.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- sebastien3k
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 0
15 years 8 months ago - 15 years 8 months ago #5922
by sebastien3k
Replied by sebastien3k on topic Re: Aligning the HikaShop Menu
Hey Nicolas,
Thanks a lot for the help! I made those changes you suggested and I also had to make some changes in my joomla.css file within the template. My li tag had the margins set at a 20px padding to the left. I had adjusted this value and the hika module option took after this. The module is looking the way I want it to now.
Thanks again!
Thanks a lot for the help! I made those changes you suggested and I also had to make some changes in my joomla.css file within the template. My li tag had the margins set at a 20px padding to the left. I had adjusted this value and the hika module option took after this. The module is looking the way I want it to now.
Thanks again!
Last edit: 15 years 8 months ago by sebastien3k.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.179 seconds