Alternate Shipping Address
I'm really enjoying using HikaShop and just about ready to go live with my store (previously using Zencart).
One of the remaining issues has to do with checkout workflow. I see the checkbox for "Use The Same Address for Billing", but when that is unchecked, I can't find a way to enter the Shipping Address. Also, if I uncheck that box and then change the payment method, the screen refreshes and the box is checked again. Does there need to be an additional step included in the workflow?
One other issue is with the New Address modal display. The OK button is way off to the right and the user has to scroll to even know that it is there. Is this something that can be adjusted in HikaShop or is this a function of my template?
Thanks, and Thanks also for the great support you provide!
Ed
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Your shipping address checkbox issue sounds like this:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/forum/2-gene...age-issues.html#3724
Could you check that ? It should work with new versions of HikaShop though.
The modal popup box uses the component.php file of your template so you could look at that.
Also, the debug mode of joomla might produce such issues, but if you turn it off in the config, that will fix the problem.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Debug mode is off and I will take a look at the component.php file for a solution to the modal box issue.
Thanks,
Ed
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
It is an IE issue because I just checked FF and it works. (should have done that before my last post)Hmmm... I think I have the latest version and onclick is used in the checkout/address file referenced in your link. Should a new address box open up as soon as the checkbox is unchecked?
Ed
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
There are no errors reported by IE or FF.When the checkbox is unticked, it should display the same thing than on the billing address part. If that doesn't work, it might be because of a javascript error on your page. Could you check on that with firebug ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
If it works in FF and not IE, that's the only plausible issue I can see.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Ed
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
The problem is in fact in your template checkboxes system which doesn't handle the onclick on IE.
If you remove the inline style display:none;position: absolute;left: -10000px which is added automatically by your template, that will display back the HikaShop checkbox on top of the one of your template and the checkbox switch will work on IE.
So I'm afraid that the only solution will be to disable the checkbox override you have on your template or ask rocketheme to fix their checkbox system so that it works on IE.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Just a thought, why does it work in FF if that is what they are doing? Could it be something they only do with IE?
Thanks for finding the problem,
Ed
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I found a solution to this problem as it relates to Rocket Theme templates. In the Gantry Control panel for the theme, I selected the Menu Item Checkout (where my checkout process is displayed) and disabled Input Styling (Advanced tab) for that page only.
Seems to have fixed this problem and I'm now able to select or create a different shipping address. Now if I can get the OK button underneath my form fields in the pop-up box, I'll be just about ready!
Ed
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
What you could do is remove the float:right; for that button in the CSS of HikaShop. That way it won't go to the right when the page in the popup is not correct in width. But that doesn't solve the real problem
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.