- Posts: 13
- Thank you received: 0
Custom Fields
14 years 2 months ago #58932
by JamieC
Custom Fields was created by JamieC
I am unable to get a custom field to display
I added a custom field and assigned it to all my categories and I expected it to show up at either the product level or in the shopping cart during check out - I tried moving my "Fields" box around to see if I could put it during the check out but it doesn't want to display anywhere - I missed a step or I'm not understanding something
what I want is for customers to be able to add a note to their product to ask for a custom option - just regular text...
another thing - and maybe it's related - is my checkout progress just says "Login - End" even though my checkout workflow has a bunch of steps - I don't care so much about that, but thought it might be related to my custom field not showing up
Thanks for any ideas
Jamie
I added a custom field and assigned it to all my categories and I expected it to show up at either the product level or in the shopping cart during check out - I tried moving my "Fields" box around to see if I could put it during the check out but it doesn't want to display anywhere - I missed a step or I'm not understanding something
what I want is for customers to be able to add a note to their product to ask for a custom option - just regular text...
another thing - and maybe it's related - is my checkout progress just says "Login - End" even though my checkout workflow has a bunch of steps - I don't care so much about that, but thought it might be related to my custom field not showing up
Thanks for any ideas
Jamie
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 months ago #58975
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Custom Fields
You must not have configured something properly in your field. Can you do a screenshot of the options of your custom field ?
For the checkout, it means that you only have one step with all the views in it. If you want several steps with different views in each one, you can edit the "checkout workflow" option of the configuration and use the "add step" link.
For the checkout, it means that you only have one step with all the views in it. If you want several steps with different views in each one, you can edit the "checkout workflow" option of the configuration and use the "add step" link.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 months ago #59099
by JamieC
Replied by JamieC on topic Re: Custom Fields
yes I agree - probably something I botched
hopefully you can set me straight from this screen shot
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 months ago #59101
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Custom Fields
You created a custom field of the table "product". These custom fields allow you to enter data in products via the product edition screen and potentially display the value in the product page.
If you want to have your custom field on the product page, it should be a custom field of the table "item".
If you want to have your custom field on the product page, it should be a custom field of the table "item".
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 months ago #59102
by JamieC
Replied by JamieC on topic Re: Custom Fields
Thanks for the fast response - in that drop down I have "Address", "User", "Product", "Category" - no "Item" (unless I am looking in the wrong place)
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 months ago #59103
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Custom Fields
Then it means that you're using the Essential edition of HikaShop. Custom fields on the checkout (table "order") and/or on the product page (table "item") are only available in the Business edition.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 months ago #59105
by JamieC
Replied by JamieC on topic Re: Custom Fields
Ahhh gotcha - well I'm not using the Essentials anymore (just upgraded) so now I'll be able to figure it out
Thanks for the help Nicolas!
Thanks for the help Nicolas!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.183 seconds