- Posts: 22
- Thank you received: 0
Show item as "Sale" with original and sale price
How do I show a product as being "On Sale" in my front-end store and show both its regular price and the sale price?
Thank you for you help.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
You should maybe use the options Show discounted price and Price display method at "Hikashop->System->Configuration->Display".
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
1. How do you designate one item as being on "Sale"?
2. Where do you enter the "Sale" price so Hikashop knows there is a lower price for that product?
Again, I tried setting up a discount in HikaShop>Discounts, but that applied the discount to all of my products--I only wanted to apply the discount to one product.
Any help is appreciated.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
1. Your items will just have to be in stock (quantity>0) and be published
2. If you want your discount just to be in one of your product, you'll just have to use discount's restrictions.
The discount's restrictions feature is just available in commercial version.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
That will allow you to display two prices on your products: the normal one and the discounted one.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
In that case, just change the quantity field of your products:
0 -> item can be bought
unlimited -> item cannot be bought
You can do that with any version of HikaShop.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
bmccarter, we've got a "Specials" menu option and we'll more than likely use that to display sale items. Like nicolas mentioned, the commercial versions do allow discount codes and there is also a begin/end date option (seem to remember seeing that on the Product page but also on the discount setup page).
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
No, that's not what I mean. I'm refering to siuations where an item is temporarily marked down from its regular price. An example would be this link to Macy's Department Store which shows items with thier regular price crossed out and a sale price, which is a temporary markdown. www1.macys.com/shop/kitchen/kitchen/cutl...id=31760&edge=hybrid (I'm not sure if I inserted that link corectly).
tspires correctly explained the idea in his/her subsequent post.
tspires, would you give me more information on your "Specials" menu option. As you mentioned in your post, the idea is to make it "painfully obvious the product is on sale" and to highlight the sale price along with the original price. I'm not sure if HikaShop has a way of doing this on an item by item basis.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Sorry for the confusion--my last post was referring to your previous post #59409. I was referring to the fact that by "On Sale", I did not mean simply buyable or available for purchase, but rather an item as being temporarily discounted below its regular price for a brief period of time. I've attached a screen shot of the link I provided for the benefit of others who might view this after the link expires. The key elements here are:
1. The item is designated with the words "On Sale" or "Sale" to bring attention to it.
2. The discounted or sale price is in red to call attention to it.
3. The regular price is shown with a crossout.
As I understand your comments, HikaShop commercial does these things. Correct?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
By default there is no "sale" text, but you can add it with a simple translation override:
www.hikashop.com/en/download/languages.html#modify
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
bmccarter wrote: Nicolas,
tspires, would you give me more information on your "Specials" menu option. As you mentioned in your post, the idea is to make it "painfully obvious the product is on sale" and to highlight the sale price along with the original price. I'm not sure if HikaShop has a way of doing this on an item by item basis.
bmccarter, sorry for the lengthy delay but working on getting the e-commerce site in production. I created menu options for all Hikashop categories--i.e. Apparel, Sports, etc. We'll have 'specials' and we wanted a way customers can easily/quickly 'see' the specials. The way this will work is I created a Hikashop Category called "Specials". When we have a product that is on sale, we'll add the product to the Category. The Menu option is set to display products in the Specials category so as products are added and removed from the category, selecting the menu option will ensure customers will see all current specials.
If time permits (yeah, right), what I'd really like to do is add a Sales section to the Product page (probably near the Prices section). It'll contain a Start Date, End Date, same content from the Prices section, and whatever else once I give it a bit more thought. Like nicolas noted, coupons/discounts can do this and my hope is to take what they have and wrap it around this idea--i.e. not trying to re-invent the wheel here. This idea will simplify things for the person who will eventually take over managing the products--i.e. everything they do would be contained within the Products area.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.