- Posts: 66
- Thank you received: 0
adding feature products on the front page
14 years 2 months ago #59305
by luizarios
adding feature products on the front page was created by luizarios
Hello,
I want a list of feature items as per Hikashop demo ( demo.hikashop.com/index.php?lang=en )I followed the instructions as per this tutorial: www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...html#products_module but I still can't get it working, I have checked several times and I think I have done all as instructed, please find attached print screen attached, any idea what I have done wrong?
I want a list of feature items as per Hikashop demo ( demo.hikashop.com/index.php?lang=en )I followed the instructions as per this tutorial: www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...html#products_module but I still can't get it working, I have checked several times and I think I have done all as instructed, please find attached print screen attached, any idea what I have done wrong?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 months ago #59341
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: adding feature products on the front page
In the associated category option, you need to select the "featured" category that you previously created and that you attached to your featured products as second category.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 months ago #59415
by luizarios
Replied by luizarios on topic Re: adding feature products on the front page
Hi Nicolas,
I left the associated category as all products because I wanted all products to show randomly but since then I created the category ''featured'' and add products to it but it still doesn't work. Any idea what else could it be? I've already tried different positions for the module but it still doesn't work
The website is
pt.thebrazilianonlineshop.co.uk/
I left the associated category as all products because I wanted all products to show randomly but since then I created the category ''featured'' and add products to it but it still doesn't work. Any idea what else could it be? I've already tried different positions for the module but it still doesn't work
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 months ago #59511
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: adding feature products on the front page
You also need to turn off the option "Synchronize with currently displayed item when possible".
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 months ago #59552
by luizarios
Replied by luizarios on topic Re: adding feature products on the front page
Hello, have tried that too, still doesn't work
any more ideas?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 months ago #59630
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: adding feature products on the front page
All the hikashop options of your module are fine.
It must know be a problem with the joomla settings of the module.
Please try different positions, check that it is published, that the access is public, that the menu assignment is set to all.
It must know be a problem with the joomla settings of the module.
Please try different positions, check that it is published, that the access is public, that the menu assignment is set to all.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 months ago #59633
by luizarios
Replied by luizarios on topic Re: adding feature products on the front page
Hi, I have tried this too, I've tried all positions available and I've looked at the configuration but can't see anything wrong.
any more ideas what could have gone wrong?
thanks
thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 months ago #59685
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: adding feature products on the front page
Then, since all the options of the module are fine, all I can think of is that there is some cache on your website which prevent you from seeing the new "version" of the module and that the caching system is displaying you an old version of the module.
I would recommend you to:
Disable the cache in Joomla configuration.
Site -> global configuration -> system -> "Cache settings".
Disable, if it's enabled, a joomla cache plugin.
Check your template' options for a potential cache option and deactivate it.
I would recommend you to:
Disable the cache in Joomla configuration.
Site -> global configuration -> system -> "Cache settings".
Disable, if it's enabled, a joomla cache plugin.
Check your template' options for a potential cache option and deactivate it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: luizarios
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 months ago #59688
by luizarios

I've checked the cache and it is fine
I've also changed the template and still the same
Replied by luizarios on topic Re: adding feature products on the front page
I've checked the cache and it is fine
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 months ago #59741
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: adding feature products on the front page
Did you also check the joomla cache plugin ?
I've already stated all the possible issues. It must be one of them.
If you can't find it, I can have a look at your backend if you provide an access.
I've already stated all the possible issues. It must be one of them.
If you can't find it, I can have a look at your backend if you provide an access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: luizarios
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 months ago #59753
by luizarios
Replied by luizarios on topic Re: adding feature products on the front page
Thanks a lot Nicolas, I've send you a personal message with the username and password
thanks a lot
thanks a lot Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 2 months ago #59803
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: adding feature products on the front page
The menu assignment option of the module is set to "no pages" instead of "on all pages" in the joomla options of the module. It was indeed one of the possibilities I had given
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by nicolas.
The following user(s) said Thank You: luizarios
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.274 seconds