- Posts: 35
- Thank you received: 1
Registration emails not being sent [see below]
- tedstrauss
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
14 years 2 months ago #59400
by tedstrauss
Registration emails not being sent [see below] was created by tedstrauss
Hi Nicolas,
I am using Hikashop v1.5.8 to get users registered but the system is not sending me a confirmation... of that registration...
Can that be done WITHOUT editing View/files?
Cheers,
Emmanuel.
I am using Hikashop v1.5.8 to get users registered but the system is not sending me a confirmation... of that registration...
Can that be done WITHOUT editing View/files?
Cheers,
Emmanuel.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 months ago #59452
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Registration emails not being sent [see below]
Hi,
The email confirmation is sent to the user automatically if the user account activation option of the options of the joomla user manager is activated.
There is no file to edit for that.
The email confirmation is sent to the user automatically if the user account activation option of the options of the joomla user manager is activated.
There is no file to edit for that.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- tedstrauss
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 35
- Thank you received: 1
14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 2 months ago #59468
by tedstrauss
Replied by tedstrauss on topic Re: Registration emails not being sent [see below]
Hi Nicolas,
YES to the USER but I want a confirmation/copy of it for myself as an Admin or Super Admin so that I can file the registrations in folders in my email software [Thunderbird]...
Especially since unless I'm mistaken Hikashop doesn't YET let you see here:
www.journey2.com/administrator/index.php...m_hikashop&ctrl=user
what the values were that people entered during registration...
In other words, without a copy of that email, I lose all that information which is critical for us.
I searched and found a plugin on this site that someone made called adminmail.zip and while it installed just fine it didn't seem to actually work
This is the plugin that I used:
www.hikashop.com/en/forum/4-how-to/25941...ail-alert.html#26432
We're launching the site tomorrow so a working solution would be REALLY helpful
I have Joomla v2.5.6 and Hikashop v1.5.8
Cheers,
Emmanuel.
YES to the USER but I want a confirmation/copy of it for myself as an Admin or Super Admin so that I can file the registrations in folders in my email software [Thunderbird]...
Especially since unless I'm mistaken Hikashop doesn't YET let you see here:
www.journey2.com/administrator/index.php...m_hikashop&ctrl=user
what the values were that people entered during registration...
In other words, without a copy of that email, I lose all that information which is critical for us.
I searched and found a plugin on this site that someone made called adminmail.zip and while it installed just fine it didn't seem to actually work
This is the plugin that I used:
www.hikashop.com/en/forum/4-how-to/25941...ail-alert.html#26432
We're launching the site tomorrow so a working solution would be REALLY helpful
I have Joomla v2.5.6 and Hikashop v1.5.8
Cheers,
Emmanuel.
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by tedstrauss.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 months ago #59482
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Registration emails not being sent [see below]
That plugin has been made for joomla 1.5
For 2.5 you need to add another trigger in it for that.
Here is the plugin with the new trigger added.
For 2.5 you need to add another trigger in it for that.
Here is the plugin with the new trigger added.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- tedstrauss
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 35
- Thank you received: 1
14 years 2 months ago #59485
by tedstrauss
Replied by tedstrauss on topic Re: Registration emails not being sent [see below]
Hi Nicolas,
J'apprécie le travail rapide mais j'ai un message d'erreur:
Fatal error: Call to a member function getCfg() on a non-object in /home/journey2/public_html/plugins/user/adminmail/adminmail.php on line 68
line 68: $sitename = $mainframe->getCfg( 'sitename' );

Cheers,
Emmanuel.
J'apprécie le travail rapide mais j'ai un message d'erreur:
Fatal error: Call to a member function getCfg() on a non-object in /home/journey2/public_html/plugins/user/adminmail/adminmail.php on line 68
line 68: $sitename = $mainframe->getCfg( 'sitename' );
Cheers,
Emmanuel.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 17
- Thank you received: 1
14 years 2 months ago #59492
by pinghsinlee
Replied by pinghsinlee on topic Re: Registration emails not being sent [see below]
Hi all,
I have a question similar to this topic. I am new to Joomla and Hikashop. Is the default login module for Joomla used by Hikashop or does Hikashop have their own login module?
How do i set up my page so that when a user logs in, their cart shows up with items they had stored from last time?
I am using rocket theme afterburner template with Hikashop. Thanks.
I have a question similar to this topic. I am new to Joomla and Hikashop. Is the default login module for Joomla used by Hikashop or does Hikashop have their own login module?
How do i set up my page so that when a user logs in, their cart shows up with items they had stored from last time?
I am using rocket theme afterburner template with Hikashop. Thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 months ago #59493
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Registration emails not being sent [see below]
The plugin uses 1.5 code. You need to change the code so that it is compatible with 2.5.
So change the line:
global $mainframe;
to:
$mainframe = JFactory::getApplication();
You can use the default joomla login module. Their previous cart will be loaded automatically as long as you didn't unpublish the user synchronization plugin. There is nothing to do for that.
So change the line:
global $mainframe;
to:
$mainframe = JFactory::getApplication();
You can use the default joomla login module. Their previous cart will be loaded automatically as long as you didn't unpublish the user synchronization plugin. There is nothing to do for that.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- tedstrauss
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 35
- Thank you received: 1
14 years 2 months ago #59524
by tedstrauss
Replied by tedstrauss on topic Re: Registration emails not being sent [see below]
Hi Nicolas,
Thanks but while the error message no longer appears, the plugin isn't sending the email
So i'm sure we're getting close but it's not working 100%.
I've sent you login credentials via Skype so you could check it out live.
[Currently there is no product quantity so that people don't try to buy but to test you can change one of the pipes like the Smoky Mirror to Quantity of 1]
Cheers,
Emmanuel.
Thanks but while the error message no longer appears, the plugin isn't sending the email
So i'm sure we're getting close but it's not working 100%.
I've sent you login credentials via Skype so you could check it out live.
[Currently there is no product quantity so that people don't try to buy but to test you can change one of the pipes like the Smoky Mirror to Quantity of 1]
Cheers,
Emmanuel.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 months ago #59570
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Registration emails not being sent [see below]
Hi,
I didn't get anything on my skype.
As I said, the plugin uses 1.5 code. You need to change the code so that it is compatible with 2.5.
I can see in the plugin that it uses the usertype column of the database in order to get a list of the super admins.
That column is not used anymore in 2.5
So you need to change that.
You will need to change the query:
$query = 'SELECT name, email, sendEmail' .
' FROM #__users' .
' WHERE LOWER( usertype ) = "super administrator"';
to:
$query = 'SELECT name, email, sendEmail' .
' FROM #__users AS a JOIN #_usergroup_map AS b ON a.id=b.user_id' .
' WHERE b.group_id=8';
I didn't get anything on my skype.
As I said, the plugin uses 1.5 code. You need to change the code so that it is compatible with 2.5.
I can see in the plugin that it uses the usertype column of the database in order to get a list of the super admins.
That column is not used anymore in 2.5
So you need to change that.
You will need to change the query:
$query = 'SELECT name, email, sendEmail' .
' FROM #__users' .
' WHERE LOWER( usertype ) = "super administrator"';
to:
$query = 'SELECT name, email, sendEmail' .
' FROM #__users AS a JOIN #_usergroup_map AS b ON a.id=b.user_id' .
' WHERE b.group_id=8';
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.250 seconds