- Posts: 6
- Thank you received: 0
Re: price by weight
14 years 2 months ago #59472
by morris
Re: price by weight was created by morris
Hi Nicolas.
Please would you provide detailed steps on adding the per kg? I am not proficient with Hikashop or php and am currently testing it for a client who wants to sell meat and items online. The product needs to reflect "per kg" or "per item" and the price should be worked out automatically per weight.
Thanks. Morris
Please would you provide detailed steps on adding the per kg? I am not proficient with Hikashop or php and am currently testing it for a client who wants to sell meat and items online. The product needs to reflect "per kg" or "per item" and the price should be worked out automatically per weight.
Thanks. Morris
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
14 years 2 months ago #59480
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Re: price by weight
Hello,
You should :
- Go to "Hikashop->System->Configuration->Display"
- Set the "Display the cost per unit weight" Option to YES
- Save
Hope this will help you.
You should :
- Go to "Hikashop->System->Configuration->Display"
- Set the "Display the cost per unit weight" Option to YES
- Save
Hope this will help you.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 months ago #59483
by morris
Replied by morris on topic Re: price by weight
Thanks, but that does not seem to work. Please see
westcoastdeli.co.za
. The idea is that it will show the price per kg for each product as well as show per kg and not each. What am I missing?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 months ago #59555
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: price by weight
If you don't see a price per weight, please make sure that your products have a weight and a price configured, and that you don't have any cache activated on your website.
If you want to change the "each" text to "per kg" you can use a translation override:
www.hikashop.com/en/download/languages.html#modify
If you want to change the "each" text to "per kg" you can use a translation override:
www.hikashop.com/en/download/languages.html#modify
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 months ago #59597
by morris
Replied by morris on topic Re: price by weight
Hi.
When I change the "each" to "Per Kg" it changes it for all products. Some products nead "each", some products need "Per Item" and some products need "Per Kg". I though this would be built into the website code so it can be set per product. Also, the ability to be able to order half a kilogram and the price be worked out automatically.
I checked again and I do have the weight and a price configured, please see the attachment.
I do appreciate the feedback though.
When I change the "each" to "Per Kg" it changes it for all products. Some products nead "each", some products need "Per Item" and some products need "Per Kg". I though this would be built into the website code so it can be set per product. Also, the ability to be able to order half a kilogram and the price be worked out automatically.
I checked again and I do have the weight and a price configured, please see the attachment.
I do appreciate the feedback though.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 months ago #59665
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: price by weight
Then you want to do a modification of the view and add a custom field in order to select the "per" that you want to use. It's explained in the section "I sell packed products, how can I change "each" text in the product page ?" of the FAQ:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentation/faq.html
The shop being in maintenance I couldn't look at the products pages for the price per unit issue.
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentation/faq.html
The shop being in maintenance I couldn't look at the products pages for the price per unit issue.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 months ago #59703
by morris
Replied by morris on topic Re: price by weight
Hi.
Thanks for the reply but this cannot be done in the starter edition. We cannot buy the business edition until we have completed a proof of concept.
Thanks, Morris
Thanks for the reply but this cannot be done in the starter edition. We cannot buy the business edition until we have completed a proof of concept.
Thanks, Morris
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 months ago #59776
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: price by weight
Note that we have a 30 days money-back guarantee policy:
www.hikashop.com/en/money-back-policy.html
www.hikashop.com/en/money-back-policy.html
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.271 seconds