- Posts: 209
- Thank you received: 18
Files attached to products problem
15 years 8 months ago #6001
by JIK
Files attached to products problem was created by JIK
Hi,
I'm trying to attach a downloadable PDF to each product in my store. The PDF is a printable information booklet and the booklet is the same for each product.
When I attach the booklet using the "Files - Add" area in the product setup, I can browse to the location of the file on my hard drive and it uploads the PDF to the server into my upload files directory. However it seems to make a copy of the PDF and renames it with a unique name. So with 20 products in my store I now have 20 versions of the PDF on my server. If I try to edit the attached file name I get the same upload from my hard drive process.
How can I attach the SAME instance of the file to each product? I think there needs to be the ability to select a file that is already present in the uploaded files directory.
In the meantime the only way I can see how to edit the file pointer is via PHPmyadmin. Is there another way?
cheers!
I'm trying to attach a downloadable PDF to each product in my store. The PDF is a printable information booklet and the booklet is the same for each product.
When I attach the booklet using the "Files - Add" area in the product setup, I can browse to the location of the file on my hard drive and it uploads the PDF to the server into my upload files directory. However it seems to make a copy of the PDF and renames it with a unique name. So with 20 products in my store I now have 20 versions of the PDF on my server. If I try to edit the attached file name I get the same upload from my hard drive process.
How can I attach the SAME instance of the file to each product? I think there needs to be the ability to select a file that is already present in the uploaded files directory.
In the meantime the only way I can see how to edit the file pointer is via PHPmyadmin. Is there another way?
cheers!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 8 months ago #6017
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Files attached to products problem
Hi
You're right. We wanted first to keep it as simple as possible for the user (and for us) so you can't browse your upload directory for now.
If you really want one instance of your file you will have to go in the table hikashop_file and have one entry per product with the same file name, path and type and each file_ref_id will have to be the product_id of your products.
You're right. We wanted first to keep it as simple as possible for the user (and for us) so you can't browse your upload directory for now.
If you really want one instance of your file you will have to go in the table hikashop_file and have one entry per product with the same file name, path and type and each file_ref_id will have to be the product_id of your products.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.153 seconds