- Posts: 3
- Thank you received: 0
links for returning to product listing & checkout
14 years 1 month ago - 14 years 1 month ago #60403
by nagate816
links for returning to product listing & checkout was created by nagate816
Hello,
I sent this email to Nicolas earlier but thought I would post here in case anyone has any ideas for me.
============
Nicolas,
Thank you for your help a month or so back when I was originally setting up HikaShop. We REALLY like the product but we are having a couple of problems that I am hoping you have already solved but that I can't find the solutions for. We are using it on a charity website to sell tickets. The site is www.greencuppolo.com . The problem is around people who want to purchase more than one item (which most people do). Here is the process:
1) they view all of the items on the purchase page ( www.greencuppolo.com/index.php/purchase2 ) and then they select one and click add to cart
2) they are presented with the choice of continue shopping or check out.
3) if they select checkout they are OK but if they select continue shopping they are put on the specific product page - is it possible to "send" them back to the product listing page at this point ? I can probably put a link on all product specific pages to take them back to the listing but if there is a more elegant way to do this I'd rather do that.
4) the bigger problem is that when they do get back to the main product listing they have no easy way to open/view their cart to checkout - is there a way to show that they have something in the cart and a link to get back to the cart so they can checkout (other than adding another item to the cart) ?
thanks.
I sent this email to Nicolas earlier but thought I would post here in case anyone has any ideas for me.
============
Nicolas,
Thank you for your help a month or so back when I was originally setting up HikaShop. We REALLY like the product but we are having a couple of problems that I am hoping you have already solved but that I can't find the solutions for. We are using it on a charity website to sell tickets. The site is www.greencuppolo.com . The problem is around people who want to purchase more than one item (which most people do). Here is the process:
1) they view all of the items on the purchase page ( www.greencuppolo.com/index.php/purchase2 ) and then they select one and click add to cart
2) they are presented with the choice of continue shopping or check out.
3) if they select checkout they are OK but if they select continue shopping they are put on the specific product page - is it possible to "send" them back to the product listing page at this point ? I can probably put a link on all product specific pages to take them back to the listing but if there is a more elegant way to do this I'd rather do that.
4) the bigger problem is that when they do get back to the main product listing they have no easy way to open/view their cart to checkout - is there a way to show that they have something in the cart and a link to get back to the cart so they can checkout (other than adding another item to the cart) ?
thanks.
Last edit: 14 years 1 month ago by nagate816.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 1 month ago #60471
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: links for returning to product listing & checkout
Hi,
3. You would have to edit the file "notice" of the view "checkout" via the menu Display>Views and change the line:
to:
4. You could enable the HikaShop Cart module via the joomla modules manager. It is made for that.
3. You would have to edit the file "notice" of the view "checkout" via the menu Display>Views and change the line:
Code:
<?php echo $this->cartClass->displayButton(JText::_('CONTINUE_SHOPPING'),'continue_shopping',$this->params,'','try{ window.top.document.getElementById(\'sbox-window\').close(); }catch(err){ window.top.SqueezeBox.close(); } return false;','id="hikashop_add_to_cart_continue_button"'); ?>
to:
Code:
<?php echo $this->cartClass->displayButton(JText::_('CONTINUE_SHOPPING'),'continue_shopping',$this->params,'','window.top.document.location=\'http://www.greencuppolo.com/index.php/purchase2\';return false;','id="hikashop_add_to_cart_continue_button"'); ?>
4. You could enable the HikaShop Cart module via the joomla modules manager. It is made for that.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.149 seconds