- Posts: 6
- Thank you received: 0
Import Products
- jwtaylorii
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
14 years 1 month ago - 14 years 1 month ago #60523
by jwtaylorii
I am trying to import product but I can't figure out what columns should be assigned to what column headers. The attached file basically has lots of data on 1 product with references to images that I will need to upload as well. It has various sizes and colors which need to imported as well. Can you help me in figuring out which headers I should assign to properly bring the data in and create the necessary catagories, subcatagories pricing, descriptions, meta data etc.
thanks,
Import Products was created by jwtaylorii
This attachment is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.
Please log in or register to see it.
I am trying to import product but I can't figure out what columns should be assigned to what column headers. The attached file basically has lots of data on 1 product with references to images that I will need to upload as well. It has various sizes and colors which need to imported as well. Can you help me in figuring out which headers I should assign to properly bring the data in and create the necessary catagories, subcatagories pricing, descriptions, meta data etc.
thanks,
Last edit: 14 years 1 month ago by jwtaylorii.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 1 month ago #60558
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Re: Import Products
Hi jwtaylorii,
Do you read the documentation about the imports in HikaShop ?
You can find it here:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...shop-import.html#csv
Do you read the documentation about the imports in HikaShop ?
You can find it here:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...shop-import.html#csv
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- jwtaylorii
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 6
- Thank you received: 0
14 years 1 month ago #60561
by jwtaylorii
Replied by jwtaylorii on topic Re: Import Products
I did read the documentation several times but couldn't make it work. I am obviously missing somthing when I completed the import I had one product with no variations and I couldn't figure out how or where to put many of the columns of data provided from my supplier. I need to be able to take this file which will have about 1000 products in it and import it regulary to update and manage the products.
Thanks for your help!
Thanks for your help!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 1 month ago #60562
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Re: Import Products
To import products you have to:
1. create the categories (in the csv), if they don't already exists.
2. create the main product
3. create the variants.
Each variant type (color, size, ...) need a column.
You can find here an example of a csv ready to be imported. This csv contain a product without variants and one with variants.
On the right side of the csv, you can find the columns "color" and "size" (here for the example).
Before importing products with characteristics, you have to create the characteristics first in HikaShop.
Hope this will help you.
1. create the categories (in the csv), if they don't already exists.
2. create the main product
3. create the variants.
Each variant type (color, size, ...) need a column.
You can find here an example of a csv ready to be imported. This csv contain a product without variants and one with variants.
On the right side of the csv, you can find the columns "color" and "size" (here for the example).
Before importing products with characteristics, you have to create the characteristics first in HikaShop.
Hope this will help you.
This attachment is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.
Please log in or register to see it.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- jwtaylorii
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 6
- Thank you received: 0
14 years 1 month ago #60576
by jwtaylorii
Replied by jwtaylorii on topic Re: Import Products
that looks completely confusing especially when relating to my data that I am using excel to save the csv file with. How do I take the file I receive from my supplier and use the data provided in the format you gave me? I don't mean to show my ignorance but it is just that. I can't figure out how I can translate my data into the usable format to accomplish what needs to be done.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 1 month ago #60628
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Re: Import Products
Hi jwtaylorii,
I think the best way is to export the csv in the good format.
Another way could be to create a function to import the csv provided by your supplier, then organize the data with a php function, then export a new csv compatible with hikashop.
I gave you the format needed for a HikaShop import, now you have to organize data.
I think the best way is to export the csv in the good format.
Another way could be to create a function to import the csv provided by your supplier, then organize the data with a php function, then export a new csv compatible with hikashop.
I gave you the format needed for a HikaShop import, now you have to organize data.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- jwtaylorii
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 6
- Thank you received: 0
14 years 1 month ago #60682
by jwtaylorii
Replied by jwtaylorii on topic Re: Import Products
Can you provide a resource that may be able to help me with this or I someone I may hire to do it for me. I simply don't have the experience to do something as complex as you have described.
Thanks,
Thanks,
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 1 month ago #60690
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Import Products
I invite you to post on our commercial jobs area and/or to search for a developers on websites like
resources.joomla.org
or
www.joomlancers.com/
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.243 seconds