- Posts: 54
- Thank you received: 0
Checkout workflow and Delivery methods
- geocentricdesign
-
Topic Author
- Offline
1. Login or Register
2. confirm address, cart contents and total, and pick delivery method (regular or expedited), finish order
3. Thank you message
I set up 2 shipping methods in the Hikashop Manual Shipping Plugin for Regular Delivery and Expedited Delivery. The Manual plugin and methods inside it are all enabled. I configured my cart in several ways, none of which showed a shipping method to pick.
login_address_shipping_payment_confirm_coupon_cart_status,end
login_address_shipping_cart,confirm,end
We collect payment on delivery so I don't need payment methods. So I don't understand why my second workflow doesn't work. Also, I have made sure that my products have a weight so the shipping method will show up. Do you also have to put in dimensions?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
The confirm view is just logical, so if you put it alone in a step, you won't see nothing. We didn't really try a workflow without the payment view and it might cause unexpected behavior. However, there is a payment method for Collect on Delivery, so if you use it, it will work properly. Based on what you're telling us, I would advice you to use this workflow:
login,address_shipping_payment_confirm_coupon_cart_status,end
Normally, if you don't have any shipping methods selection and that you don't see an error message but that you correctly added and published them, there are two possibilities:
1/ error messages are not displayable in your template. You can check on this and maybe fix it easily : www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/61.html#messages
2/ you don't have the manual shipping plugin published. Please go to your joomla plugin manager and verify that the plugin is published.
Finally, I remember we fixed some issues in early versions of HikaShop with shipping methods, so if you do not use the latest version (1.2.1 as of now), you should update to it and try again.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- geocentricdesign
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 54
- Thank you received: 0
EDIT: I also have the Hikashop Collect on Delivery plugin enabled under Payment Methods but I don't see any options.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- geocentricdesign
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 54
- Thank you received: 0
With login,address_shipping_payment_confirm_coupon_cart_status,end I am getting stuck at the final stage of checkout and still not seeing the shipping methods, or even my custom fields.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
If yes, could you send me an access to your website so that I can check on that ? You can send the information to nicolas@hikashop.com
Also, if there is indeed an issue and we can't reproduce the problem on our test websites, I might need an FTP access to the website.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- geocentricdesign
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 54
- Thank you received: 0
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
So I looked at your setup. The fact that you don't see the shipping methods is because of two problems.
1/ You added spaces in the weight units configuration option. However, the main unit is kg (the first one) and your products weight is in lb. So the system always tries to convert the weight to kg before checking the weight. We have a table of all the units to know how to convert them. Since the unit of your products is " lb" instead of "lb", the system doesn't find the unit in the conversion table and the weight becomes 0. 0 means no shipping needed. We didn't think someone would add spaces in there (the goal was to be able to change the order of the units or remove unnecessary units)... We will add some code to handle that. In the mean time, I've revert the modification to remove spaces.
2/ The weight of your variants are not set.
Normally, the weight of the product should be automatically used if the variant weight is not set but there seems to be a bug with float comparison in the function checking that.
The bug can easily circumvented by setting a weight in the variant. Ive done that for the "Beef Tenderloin (loin)" variant on your website.
After those two modifications, I'm able to select shipping methods when ordering this "Beef Tenderloin (loin)" product from your store. On our end, we will change a bit our code to handle properly those cases.
The payment method needed to be saved once before being displayed.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- geocentricdesign
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 54
- Thank you received: 0
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I prefer to fix them over adding some documentation explaining how to circumvent them. Next users won't have the problem, so no need for a documentation on that.
We already have a lot of pages of documentation and the goal is not to increase documentation but to improve hikashop so that you don't need the documentation
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- geocentricdesign
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 54
- Thank you received: 0
EDIT: I apologize, the shipping is showing up but only after I click Next from the Address and payment info (which is technically the second step, since login is first). I thought that an underscore would keep it on the same 'page', but it is confirming the address and payment method on every step. I'd rather it look cleaner with everything in one step, or second best I'd like to have the login/register first with nothing else on the page, then the shipping/delivery and payment methods only, then a confirmation page to verify the address, shipping, cart and payment. What do you suggest?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
We will change that behavior.
You can do so yourself by changing the code
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- geocentricdesign
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 54
- Thank you received: 0
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Note that the addresses added to an order are a copy of the user addresses. So if a user modify an address, it won't modify the address in the order. That is because an order is a contract set between you and the user at a certain point in time. If you change a product price after an order is made, the price in the order does not change. Well, it's the same for addresses
This address management is there so that when a user come back to the store, he will already have its addresses entered and will be able to finish an order faster.
The only way to change something in an order is for you to edit it via the back end interface. Modifications will be logged automatically so that you can keep trace of what happened to the order after its creation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- geocentricdesign
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 54
- Thank you received: 0
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I just went to your website and did it for you.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- geocentricdesign
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 54
- Thank you received: 0
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- geocentricdesign
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 54
- Thank you received: 0
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
The status view is just there to display which payment and shipping method you choose.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- geocentricdesign
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 54
- Thank you received: 0
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.