- Posts: 88
- Thank you received: 0
Google Custom Search
- wonderwilson
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
14 years 1 month ago #60648
by wonderwilson
Google Custom Search was created by wonderwilson
Hi Nicolas,
I have a quick question regarding Google Custom Search. I've created a custom search that searches my shop, however when you search for a term only the first item appears - for example…
I have all these products on my shop
The Mamores and Glen Coe mountains from Ben Nevis, Highland
Ben Nevis at Corpach, Loch Linnhe, Highland
The south slope of Ben Nevis, Lochaber, Highland
Ben Nevis at Corpach, Loch Linnhe, Highland
When I search for Ben Nevis, I only get one product appearing
Ben Nevis at Corpach, Loch Linnhe, Highland
Do I need to activate a plugin to allow Google to search or is there something else I need to do?
Thanks
Darren
I have a quick question regarding Google Custom Search. I've created a custom search that searches my shop, however when you search for a term only the first item appears - for example…
I have all these products on my shop
The Mamores and Glen Coe mountains from Ben Nevis, Highland
Ben Nevis at Corpach, Loch Linnhe, Highland
The south slope of Ben Nevis, Lochaber, Highland
Ben Nevis at Corpach, Loch Linnhe, Highland
When I search for Ben Nevis, I only get one product appearing
Ben Nevis at Corpach, Loch Linnhe, Highland
Do I need to activate a plugin to allow Google to search or is there something else I need to do?
Thanks
Darren
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 1 month ago #60704
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Google Custom Search
Hi,
Google Custom Search uses the search index of Google.
If Google didn't index yet a page, it's normal that you don't get it in the results of your search.
You can ask Google to index specific pages of your website if you want it to go faster for the indexing and not wait for weeks that all your pages get indexed:
support.google.com/webmasters/bin/answer...hl=en&answer=1352276
Google Custom Search uses the search index of Google.
If Google didn't index yet a page, it's normal that you don't get it in the results of your search.
You can ask Google to index specific pages of your website if you want it to go faster for the indexing and not wait for weeks that all your pages get indexed:
support.google.com/webmasters/bin/answer...hl=en&answer=1352276
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.145 seconds