- Posts: 447
- Thank you received: 20
Shipping on Local Products
14 years 1 month ago #60655
by davec
Shipping on Local Products was created by davec
I have looked at the various posts here and just would like a little clarification please.
I have some products which are only delivered locally within certain postcode ranges or collected. The restrictions is 1 item. When I select the item the only options should be either for £5/£7 delivery charge or collection.
Another category has products that are posted nationally and the local options should not be available.
How can this be achieved?
Thanks
Dave
I have some products which are only delivered locally within certain postcode ranges or collected. The restrictions is 1 item. When I select the item the only options should be either for £5/£7 delivery charge or collection.
Another category has products that are posted nationally and the local options should not be available.
How can this be achieved?
Thanks
Dave
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 127
- Thank you received: 12
14 years 1 month ago #60657
by tony@10uk.net
Replied by tony@10uk.net on topic Re: Shipping on Local Products
I have a similar challenge with a UK shipper who has very complex rules - including postcodes - for deriving their shipping costs.
It requires a new shipping plug in - I haven't got around to even starting this yet.
So I don't think you can achieve this with the out-of-the-box Hikashop functionality. You'd have to write a plugin.
You may be able to get near with the manual shipping plugin that has some postcode fields but I don't think these are too clever.
Love to know how you solve
Tony
It requires a new shipping plug in - I haven't got around to even starting this yet.
So I don't think you can achieve this with the out-of-the-box Hikashop functionality. You'd have to write a plugin.
You may be able to get near with the manual shipping plugin that has some postcode fields but I don't think these are too clever.
Love to know how you solve
Tony
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 1 month ago #60673
by davec
Replied by davec on topic Re: Shipping on Local Products
I did manage to create shipping for the restricted postcodes. The problem is the that if I am outside the postcode area the product can still be orderd for delivery using the standard methods, which is not what the client requires. I need to restict those products to the specified area for local delivery only or collection.
Dave
Dave
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 1 month ago #60779
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Shipping on Local Products
You would have to create 2 kinds of manual shipping methods. One kind with post code ranges to handle the shipping of all the products. And one other kind with post code ranges to handle the shipping of only the products which aren't limited to an area.
Depending on your rules and post code format, you might end up with a lot of manual shipping methods. So it might not be practical to go that road. In that case, a custom shipping plugin would indeed be preferable but would require to have a developer to work on it.
Depending on your rules and post code format, you might end up with a lot of manual shipping methods. So it might not be practical to go that road. In that case, a custom shipping plugin would indeed be preferable but would require to have a developer to work on it.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 1 month ago - 14 years 1 month ago #60787
by davec
Replied by davec on topic Re: Shipping on Local Products
How do I go about creating 2 manual shipping methods?
There are only 4 or 5 postcode area restrictions for about 10 - 20 products. This may expand in the future in which case a custom option may be required
Dave
There are only 4 or 5 postcode area restrictions for about 10 - 20 products. This may expand in the future in which case a custom option may be required
Dave
Last edit: 14 years 1 month ago by davec.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 1 month ago #60867
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Shipping on Local Products
Could you give a precise list of what shipping rules you want ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 1 month ago #60969
by davec
Replied by davec on topic Re: Shipping on Local Products
Hi Nicolas
I have about 10 - 20 products that are restricted to NR1 - NR3 £5. NR4 - NR6 + NR14 £7 These are specific deliverty areas for those products.
There are then 7 products that can be delivered anywhere in the UK. One otpion is free delivery with next day delivery at £3.50.
Thanks
Dave
I have about 10 - 20 products that are restricted to NR1 - NR3 £5. NR4 - NR6 + NR14 £7 These are specific deliverty areas for those products.
There are then 7 products that can be delivered anywhere in the UK. One otpion is free delivery with next day delivery at £3.50.
Thanks
Dave
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 1 month ago #61049
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Shipping on Local Products
Please explain what are these NR zones.
Do you have a list of post codes for them ?
Is this something your users should select ?
Basically I need to know how to link an address entered by the user, to your rules.
Otherwise, I can't give you a solution to tell to hikashop how to do the link.
Do you have a list of post codes for them ?
Is this something your users should select ?
Basically I need to know how to link an address entered by the user, to your rules.
Otherwise, I can't give you a solution to tell to hikashop how to do the link.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 1 month ago #61323
by davec
Replied by davec on topic Re: Shipping on Local Products
Hi Nicolas
all the post code areas for the Uk are listed on this site .
I need to restrict the option to choose delivery of some products in a particular category to the NR post codes posted previously. If possible Automatic selection based on delivery address would be preferred. The NR is the Pre-fix, with the number related to a specific area. So I need the following:
NR1 to NR3 with a shipping charge of £5
NR4 to NR6 with a shipping charge of £7
NR14 with a shipping charge of £7
There are 7 other products in another category which have free delivery or next day delivery of £3.50 for the UK. That has already been set up and is working and can be seen here .
Hopefully this is a bit clearer for you, but if you need further clarification please let me know.
Thanks
Dave
all the post code areas for the Uk are listed on this site .
I need to restrict the option to choose delivery of some products in a particular category to the NR post codes posted previously. If possible Automatic selection based on delivery address would be preferred. The NR is the Pre-fix, with the number related to a specific area. So I need the following:
NR1 to NR3 with a shipping charge of £5
NR4 to NR6 with a shipping charge of £7
NR14 with a shipping charge of £7
There are 7 other products in another category which have free delivery or next day delivery of £3.50 for the UK. That has already been set up and is working and can be seen here .
Hopefully this is a bit clearer for you, but if you need further clarification please let me know.
Thanks
Dave
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 1 month ago #61414
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Shipping on Local Products
Hi,
I indeed not more information.
What happens when you have 2 products in the cart ?
Is the shipping fee increasing ?
What if you have a product with NR prices and one product with a fixed delivery price ?
What happen for shipping abroad ?
And what is the relation between NR and post codes ?
I didn't see any NR mentioned on your link.
I indeed not more information.
What happens when you have 2 products in the cart ?
Is the shipping fee increasing ?
What if you have a product with NR prices and one product with a fixed delivery price ?
What happen for shipping abroad ?
And what is the relation between NR and post codes ?
I didn't see any NR mentioned on your link.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 1 month ago - 14 years 1 month ago #61593
by davec
Replied by davec on topic Re: Shipping on Local Products
Nicolas
I think I may have resolved it, just need to do some testing.
The products required for local delivery I have set as 1kg in weight and restricted the postcodes.
For the other products I have set a weight of 2kg, these can be delivered anywhere in the UK.
All products are sent individually so I have set a max and minimum quantity of 1.
The deliveries are UK based only as they are flowers.
Will update you shortly.
Dave
I think I may have resolved it, just need to do some testing.
The products required for local delivery I have set as 1kg in weight and restricted the postcodes.
For the other products I have set a weight of 2kg, these can be delivered anywhere in the UK.
All products are sent individually so I have set a max and minimum quantity of 1.
The deliveries are UK based only as they are flowers.
Will update you shortly.
Dave
Last edit: 14 years 1 month ago by davec.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.293 seconds