- Posts: 3
- Thank you received: 0
show variants as separate products?
- butterflyfish
-
Topic Author
- Offline
I have several products that come in multiple fragrances. But instead of the categories just displaying "lotion" and "body spray," I want each scent to display separately. Is that possible?
Sorry I don't really have anything to show on my site. I'm still in the beginning states of setup. But here is an example at Ulta of what I don't want: bit.ly/hU5Xjb The China Glaze nail polish shows up as one product, and you have to click the product to see the available colors. I want each color to show up as a separate product.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- butterflyfish
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 3
- Thank you received: 0
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- butterflyfish
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 3
- Thank you received: 0
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 608
- Thank you received: 13
Can anyone advise please.
thanks in advance.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Could you edit the file administrator/components/com_hikashop/helpers/import.php and add the line:
unset($copy->product_id);
just after the line:
$copy->product_code = $copy->product_code.'_copy'.rand();
and try again to copy a product with variants with prices ?
That fixed the problem you're describing on our end.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 608
- Thank you received: 13
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 608
- Thank you received: 13
thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I'm not sure I understand your problem. Could you explain more (maybe with screenshots ?) ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 608
- Thank you received: 13
I used the knives for the test. In your kitchen knives product, you have the item picture in your main product screen, you do not have any pictures of a knife in your characteristics. If you then copy a product, the knife picture then populates in the characteristics of the copied product you then have to go in to 'manage varients' and delete them.
hope this is a bit clearer.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
if(empty($product->$type) && empty($product->hikashop_update)){
to:
if(!isset($product->$type) && empty($product->hikashop_update)){
That should fix the problem.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I have a very similar problem. I have a product with 39 variants, spread among several characteristics. When I copy this product, all variants are lost. I would need the copy to be an exact copy, with all variants etc, is there a way to do this ?
Many Thanks
Raphael
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
It's probably because you changed the product code of the variants.
When the variants' product code don't contain the main product product code, the variants are not copied together with the product.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
unfortunatelly I don't think it's that as on one product, the copy function works (copies (nearly) all the variants) and on another product it simply doesn't copy any variant.
my product codes are have all the same base with "productname" followed by a sequencial number, for example "productname1" and then first variant will have product code "productname2" etc...
Am I missing something or it might be a bug ?
Many Thanks
Raphael
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
It works fine on my end.
Could you provide some screenshots of the product/variants for one product where it works and for one where is doesn't ?
There must be something different between the two.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
You were actually right, after double checking, it's only the variants with the same product code as the main that got copied.
Many Thanks
Raphael
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.