- Posts: 15
- Thank you received: 1
Coupon for several categories but exclude cases
14 years 1 month ago #60936
by mtangelcv
Coupon for several categories but exclude cases was created by mtangelcv
I have the following architecture:
Product Categories
-Wines
---Fruit
---Pinot
-Preserves
-Gift Baskets
I have only one product in the hierarchy WINES for CaseOfWines and use variants from the subcategories.
I would like to have ONE coupon for all products BUT for CaseOfWines. How can I do that?
Product Categories
-Wines
---Fruit
---Pinot
-Preserves
-Gift Baskets
I have only one product in the hierarchy WINES for CaseOfWines and use variants from the subcategories.
I would like to have ONE coupon for all products BUT for CaseOfWines. How can I do that?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 1 month ago #60937
by mtangelcv
Replied by mtangelcv on topic Using Coupons/Discounts like Rules
I have tried unsuccessfully to use the Coupons like Rules as suggested by the documentation (see attached).
I have a Discount "CaseOfWine" for 8.34% off, which works very well. The help instructions suggest selecting IGNORE DISCOUNTED PRODUCTS. After a nag screen that I cannot use the coupon in combination with a discount, my confirmation page looks like this:
Somewhere in the code the coupon is behaving like NO COUPON will be given beyond the case of wine discount.
Please help.
I have a Discount "CaseOfWine" for 8.34% off, which works very well. The help instructions suggest selecting IGNORE DISCOUNTED PRODUCTS. After a nag screen that I cannot use the coupon in combination with a discount, my confirmation page looks like this:
Somewhere in the code the coupon is behaving like NO COUPON will be given beyond the case of wine discount.
Please help.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 1 month ago #61022
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Using Coupons/Discounts like Rules
Hi,
As you can see, there is no exclude option. You will have to create an unpublished category. attach that category as second category to all the products for which the coupon should apply and that will do what you want.
As you can see, there is no exclude option. You will have to create an unpublished category. attach that category as second category to all the products for which the coupon should apply and that will do what you want.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 1 month ago #61031
by mtangelcv
Replied by mtangelcv on topic Re: Using Coupons/Discounts like Rules
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 1 month ago #61033
by mtangelcv
Replied by mtangelcv on topic Re: Using Coupons/Discounts like Rules
Quick note -- category MUST be published or the coupon won't work.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 1 month ago #61035
by mtangelcv
Replied by mtangelcv on topic Re: Using Coupons/Discounts like Rules
This still doesn't work, no matter what I try. I'm going nuts.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 1 month ago #61092
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Using Coupons/Discounts like Rules
Categories don't have to be published. Please turn off the "Include sub categories" option and you will be able to have an unpublished category.
You should leave the "Coupon handling of discounted products" to the default value and instead turn on the option "coupon percentage applies to product only" so that the coupon amount applies only to the products which are in the category you selected.
You should leave the "Coupon handling of discounted products" to the default value and instead turn on the option "coupon percentage applies to product only" so that the coupon amount applies only to the products which are in the category you selected.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds