- Posts: 10
- Thank you received: 0
Required Characteristics?
14 years 1 month ago #60994
by dc10555
Required Characteristics? was created by dc10555
I'm curious to know if this is possible, I really like how Characteristics work, more specifically how they change the items main image as I select the different options, If I could set this option as required I would be able to provide a visual confirmation for a customer as they select a product.
This would be also possible with "Custom fields" since I can set those to required, If only I could upload an image per value (single drop down in this case) but my guess is that would be more complicated..
At the moment I'm using a work around where I just set one of the characteristic variants as zero stock which removes the "add to cart" option on my item page thus forcing the customer to select an option, But I figured I'd ask and see If the above was possible just out of curiosity
This would be also possible with "Custom fields" since I can set those to required, If only I could upload an image per value (single drop down in this case) but my guess is that would be more complicated..
At the moment I'm using a work around where I just set one of the characteristic variants as zero stock which removes the "add to cart" option on my item page thus forcing the customer to select an option, But I figured I'd ask and see If the above was possible just out of curiosity
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 1 month ago #61057
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Required Characteristics?
By default, the default variant is selected.
So there is no pint in having a required option since there is always a selection done.
You solution creates a default "deactivated" value which forces the user to select another variant. Why not.
So there is no pint in having a required option since there is always a selection done.
You solution creates a default "deactivated" value which forces the user to select another variant. Why not.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.202 seconds