Skip to main content

Change the auto-generated product code when I copy

More
14 years 1 month ago #61128 by dc10555
Where would I go about changing this?

I have a product which I would like to duplicate and change the image and name, however when I do so the product code is auto generated is "Car_Decal_copy1359717116" Is there any way to change this so that the product code is generated as random numbers i.e "1359717116". Since this would look less of a mess in the long run. I'm sure it would just be a case of removing the PhP which generates the "Car_Decal_copy" part right? I just don't know where this would be located >_>

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #61132 by nicolas
That's done with the line:
$newProduct->product_code = $this->template->product_code.'_copy'.rand();
in the file administrator/components/com_hikashop/helpers/import.php
The following user(s) said Thank You: dc10555

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #61137 by dc10555

nicolas wrote: That's done with the line:
$newProduct->product_code = $this->template->product_code.'_copy'.rand();
in the file administrator/components/com_hikashop/helpers/import.php


Awesome that worked like a charm!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #160323 by paddyrolls
Hi Nicolas

Could you tell me if it is possible to do an override on import.php. Using the developer information on your website for template overrides will it work for helper files:

/website/administrator/templates/isis/html/hikashop_import.php

Thanks

Patrick

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #160325 by nicolas
Yes, almost any file of HikaShop can be overridden.
For the import helper file which is located in administrator/components/com_hikashop/helpers/import.php you need to create a file in administrator/templates/isis/html/com_hikashop/administrator/helpers.import.php
You can copy the same code from the original file but you need to change the class name and add "Override" to it.
That way, in order to increase the backward compatibility, you can include the original file from the override file and have your Override class extend from the original class.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #160417 by paddyrolls
HI Nicolas

Firstly really appreciate your assistance.

I have created a file to /public_html/dev_j3/administrator/templates/isis/html/com_hikashop/administrator/helpers.import.php.

I have changed the class name from "hikashopImportHelper" to "roartestOverride" but it does not seem to take effect?

I have also tried class roartest extends hikashopImportHelper but this did not take effect as well.

Could you advise if the location is correct?

Thanks

Patrick

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #160431 by Xavier
Hi,

The name must be "hikashopImportHelperOverride".
The following user(s) said Thank You: paddyrolls

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #160505 by paddyrolls
Hi Xavier

I am currently using:

Hikashop Version: 2.3.1
Joomla: 3x
PHP: 5x

I changed the name to "hikashopImportHelperOverride" but it still no luck. Can't seem to get it to use the file under /public_html/dev_j3/administrator/templates/isis/html/com_hikashop/administrator/helpers.import.php


Thanks

Patrick
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by paddyrolls.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #160594 by Xavier
Hi,

Are you sure that the override has been made in the correct template ?
Are you using isis as backend template ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #160662 by paddyrolls
Hi Xavier

Yes I am using the isis template for the backend. I have disabled Hathor to make sure.





Again I know this is not a hikashop issue and so really appreciate your assistance...If override works, then it makes Hikashop extremely flexible.

Thanks

Patrick

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #160677 by nicolas
I made a mistake in the path of the file. It should be:
administrator/templates/isis/html/com_hikashop/administrator/helpers/import.override.php
The following user(s) said Thank You: paddyrolls

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #160750 by paddyrolls
HI Nicolas

Thanks very much for clearing that up.

The final location was as you mentioned

administrator/templates/isis/html/com_hikashop/administrator/helpers/import.override.php

The name of the class in the import.php file was hikashopImportHelper. As Xavier advised, I couldn't rename it but just had to
put Override. In the end the class name used in the override file was "hikashopImportHelperOverride".

Again really appreciate the assistance.

Regards

Patrick

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.305 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum