- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 0
One product, multiple categories
15 years 8 months ago #6149
by teginch
One product, multiple categories was created by teginch
Hello,
I'm new to Hikashop. I'm currently trying to set-up a book shop and I'd like to be able to display books according to book categories (fishing, sailing, cooking) and according to authors.
Is there a way to put a product in more than one category ? Or is there any other solution to display a list of books of a certain category, and alternatively according to a certain author ?
Thank you for any help.
Tom
I'm new to Hikashop. I'm currently trying to set-up a book shop and I'd like to be able to display books according to book categories (fishing, sailing, cooking) and according to authors.
Is there a way to put a product in more than one category ? Or is there any other solution to display a list of books of a certain category, and alternatively according to a certain author ?
Thank you for any help.
Tom
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 8 months ago #6151
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: One product, multiple categories
Hi,
You can assign several categories to a product. No problem.
When you edit a product, you can click on the add button on the right side of the screen in the zone categories in order to select additional categories.
You can assign several categories to a product. No problem.
When you edit a product, you can click on the add button on the right side of the screen in the zone categories in order to select additional categories.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 8 months ago #6157
by teginch
Replied by teginch on topic Re: One product, multiple categories
Perfect, thank you very much. I'm just a beginner for the moment. :blush:
Tom
Tom
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 8 months ago #6384
by Robin
Replied by Robin on topic Re: One product, multiple categories
Hello, I tried to do this on the Demo site - is the feature disabled or did I do it wrongly? I tried the check box and various options
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 8 months ago #6386
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: One product, multiple categories
I just tried on the demo website and it works fine.
You need to click on the checkbox next to the category name in the categories listing popup and then click on the ok button to add it to the listing of catgories of the product. Then, you can save your product to confirm the modification.
You need to click on the checkbox next to the category name in the categories listing popup and then click on the ok button to add it to the listing of catgories of the product. Then, you can save your product to confirm the modification.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 7 months ago #6987
by Robin
Replied by Robin on topic Re: One product, multiple categories
Got it thanks! I can't see why I had the problem before. Robin
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds