Skip to main content

How to correctly link to products?

More
14 years 1 month ago #61813 by watashi
On my web site, I need to link to products from other Joomla articles and also from other products.
If I simply insert a hyperlink with the address of my products in the shop, it will be something like below:
www.mywebsite.com/shop/product/755-mnogo...benassi-ms-4300ld-ae

However, if a shop manager will change the name of the product, the link will change automatically and therefore all other articles will keep incorrect link to the product.
I was surprised that it will be still accessible, whatever I put after "/755", even www.mywebsite.com/shop/product/755-blah-blah-blah is still Ok.

But is there a smarter way of referring to products from within other articles on my site?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #61828 by Mohamed Thelji
Hello,

We are currently developping a solution to insert products in joomla articles so in few days you'll be able to use the Hikashop product insert solution.

Hope this will help you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: woonydanny, watashi

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #63114 by watashi
Hello,

I have upgarded to the new version with minor bugs (add to cart button option suddently went OFF).

Howeever, I can not find the Product Insert solution insede the new package. Is it a separate / standalone solution that must come separately from main HikaShop package?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #63347 by nicolas
There are two plugins called "HikaShop Product TAG insertion" and "HikaShop Product TAG translation" which have to be published for that.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #63354 by watashi
Hello Nicolas,

I can see the plugins and they are published, but how can I use them? Sorry, but Google search for "Product TAG insertion" results in two pages only. An the two pages have absolutely nothing to do with Hikashop.
The search across this forum also does not result in anything useful.
I have checked documentation and could not find any description for that plugin as well.

Is there any special syntax I can use in my articles?

Thanx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #63498 by nicolas
Hi,

The documentation has not yet been written for that feature.

When you edit a joomla article, you will have a "product" button at the bottom of the editor where you can click to generate the special syntax for product tag.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #63579 by watashi
Nicolas, thanks for pointing out that button, I dod not notice it. :)

However, the feature still has two significant issues for me:

1) When I try to display both price and image of the product, instead it shows "no image" picture. When I show image only (without price), image shows Ok.

2) It links to product, but the links are totally not SEO-friendly, such as:
/component/hikashop/product/674-Бензопила%20HITACHI%20%20CS33EB

and the correct link would be:
/shop/product/674-benzopila-hitachi-cs33eb
(that's how it is generated by the Hikashop's frontend)

Ok, it still brings me to the proper product page. But who wants to keep many different links pointing to the same product from various pages of a site.
Also, Cyrillic characters are not transliterated, thus even folder will be corrected, still the full link is not the same.
In my opinion, the above issue will sigbnificantly decrease the SEO power of internal links.

Thanks for reading my comment. :whistle:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #63843 by nicolas
Thank you for your feedback on that.

Regarding your second point, we fixed that on our end.
For the first point, Mohamed will look at it tomorrow.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago - 14 years 1 month ago #63931 by Mohamed Thelji
Hi watashi,

Can you send me your TAG that you can find into your joomla article ?

Here is an example of TAG :
Code:
€ 60,00

HikaShop Essential includes all the features from HikaShop Starter.
* You can compare all our versions here.
* You can upgrade your version here.

Features

  • products and sales PRODUCTS AND SALES
  • Custom fields for products and user information
  • Customer invoice display
  • Multilingual edition of the content
  • Possibility of payment of an order later on
  • Checkout without registration
  • Contact us form on product pages
  • Options for products
  • Waiting list for products out of stock
  • layout LAYOUT
  • Powerful dashboard customization
  • More widgets on the dashboard
  • Configurable products purchasing restrictions
    (per period, per weight, per product categories, etc)
  • Additional product listings item layouts
  • Customization of order number format
  • marketing tools MARKETING TOOLS
  • Google Products integration
  • Restrictions on coupons and discounts

Usage

  • HikaShop is compatible with every recent versions of Joomla and WordPress. 
    Joomla 3.x Joomla 4.x  Joomla 5.x  Joomla 6.x  WordPress 
  • GPL v3
  • No limit of time
  • 1 year free updates
  • 1 year free HikaShop support for one website
  • 1 year web cron service for one website
  • HikaShop only supports MySQL (no postGreSQL or Oracle or MSSQL support)
  • Installation guaranteed! If you have any problems installing HikaShop, we'll do it for you.
  • 30-day money-back guarantee
  • Support and access to updates can be extended for 40€/year
Add to cart
Last edit: 14 years 1 month ago by Mohamed Thelji.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #63950 by watashi
Hello Mohamed,

It is confusing.

The link seems to be ok:


However, when I set product ID 1 instead of ID 734, it works!
So, it seems something is wrong with product 734..


I will take a closer look and revert to you in this thread.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #63963 by Mohamed Thelji
Does your product with the 734 ID have the good image ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #63965 by watashi
Yes, I have just checked again.
Also, when I press the link to product, image on product page is shown without any problems.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #63972 by Mohamed Thelji
Ok, can you give me a temporary back-end access by PM ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #63978 by watashi
Have sent by PM.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #64004 by Mohamed Thelji
I figured out where the problem was coming from so it should work for now.
The following user(s) said Thank You: watashi

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago - 14 years 1 month ago #64268 by watashi
Mohamed, that works perfectly!
Can you also advice which view is responsible for its output?
I want to correct alignment of price from left to center.
I have found this line in CSS:
Code:
span.hikashop_product_price_full{ text-align: left;
If I center it, it works, but it will also center price on full product page.
Therefore, as far as I understand, I will need to override the view to correct styling in product TAG insertion plugin only.
But I can't find the responsible view...
Last edit: 14 years 1 month ago by watashi.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago - 14 years 1 month ago #64277 by Mohamed Thelji
Hi Watashi,

It's works fine for me when I set the css like this :
Code:
span.hikashop_product_price_full{ text-align: center;
But If you want to edit the view of the product insert plugin, you'll have to edit the file :
"./Hikashop/plugins/system/hikashopproductinsert/hikashopproductinsert_view.php"
Last edit: 14 years 1 month ago by Mohamed Thelji.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #64279 by watashi
Hi Mohamed,
Yes it works for me as well, but it will also center price on all other product pages. I do not want to affect product pages. I need to change price alignment on "product insert" block only.

Also, I do not want to hack it and edit php files directly as it will cause issues at the next Hikashop update. (the file will be overwritten, right?)

Is there any better idea? :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #64293 by Mohamed Thelji
Yes, you can add this css then your product page won't be changed :
Code:
.hikashop_inserted_product .hikashop_product_price_full{ text-align: center; font-weight:bold; display:block; margin-bottom:5px; }

ps : I already added this code to your CSS :).
The following user(s) said Thank You: watashi

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #64294 by watashi
I could not understand why, but it really works!
Thanks again!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.343 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum