Change the amount of tax, but keep the price incl.
14 years 1 month ago #62373
by Remko
Change the amount of tax, but keep the price incl. was created by Remko
Hi,
On the 1st of October the amount of tax in The Netherlands will rise from 19% to 21%. When I change the default tax category from 19 to 21 the prices incl. tax are changed.
Is it possible to change the amount of tax in a way that the prices excl. tax are changed and the prices incl. tax keep the same?
If yes.... how to do that?
I'm looking for a very fast way, so I can change it in a second in the night of 30 september to 1 october....
Kind Regards,
Remko Rijpkema
On the 1st of October the amount of tax in The Netherlands will rise from 19% to 21%. When I change the default tax category from 19 to 21 the prices incl. tax are changed.
Is it possible to change the amount of tax in a way that the prices excl. tax are changed and the prices incl. tax keep the same?
If yes.... how to do that?
I'm looking for a very fast way, so I can change it in a second in the night of 30 september to 1 october....
Kind Regards,
Remko Rijpkema
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 1 month ago #62390
by Eliot
Replied by Eliot on topic Re: Change the amount of tax, but keep the price incl.
Hi there,
Sadly there is no easy way to achieve this. The best way is to calculate and set by yourself the new untaxed prices of your products.
You should duplicate all your product and unpublished them. Then modify their prices and wait for the date to publish them.
To get the new untaxed price, just do a simple calculation:
new untaxed price = (old untaxed price * 0.19)/0.21
Sadly there is no easy way to achieve this. The best way is to calculate and set by yourself the new untaxed prices of your products.
You should duplicate all your product and unpublished them. Then modify their prices and wait for the date to publish them.
To get the new untaxed price, just do a simple calculation:
new untaxed price = (old untaxed price * 0.19)/0.21
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 1 month ago #62405
by Remko
Replied by Remko on topic Re: Change the amount of tax, but keep the price incl.
In that case I think I will import the products with new prices from a CSV-file, so I can re-calculate the prices in an easy way in Excel. Thanks for you reply.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 1 month ago #62484
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Change the amount of tax, but keep the price incl.
You could do that with a simple MySQL query via phpmyadmin:
UPDATE #__hikashop_price SET price_value = price_value*0.19/0.21;
where #__ need to be replaced with the prefix of your tables.
UPDATE #__hikashop_price SET price_value = price_value*0.19/0.21;
where #__ need to be replaced with the prefix of your tables.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 1 month ago #62575
by Remko
Replied by Remko on topic Re: Change the amount of tax, but keep the price incl.
I did a test with that option and the test was succesfull! Thanks!
I only think that the formula must be price_value*1.19/1.21 (changed the 0 before the comma into 1)
In that way, you first create the price including the old percentage and then back to the new amount excl. the new amount of tax.
I only think that the formula must be price_value*1.19/1.21 (changed the 0 before the comma into 1)
In that way, you first create the price including the old percentage and then back to the new amount excl. the new amount of tax.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 1 month ago #62692
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Change the amount of tax, but keep the price incl.
Yes.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.199 seconds