- Posts: 51
- Thank you received: 0
Proucts not showing in category pages
I have set up my category pages as shown below
www.t-shirtshack.net/t-shirt-shop
but when I click on the category the products I have created do not show -
www.t-shirtshack.net/t-shirt-shop/catego...e-childrens-t-shirts
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- in my Main Menu i have an item named "Shop"
- clicking "Shop" brings up a Category listing as hoped
- clicking on any one of the Categories from this page brings up a blank page, and yes, I have made my product modules
wth? please help us! :huh:
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I strongly recommend you to update to the latest version and try again to create your menu.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
am I not seeing 1.4.4 because I'm using the free version?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
We just changed that as we are now confident the 1.4.4 is stable. If you download it now you will get the version number 1.4.4 in the package file name.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Thats all very well recomending updating, but doesn't explain why theres an issue. Also if we update, does that not mean that all product characteristics must be re-entered as with previous updates?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
It's not a bug, it's just that you didn't configure the menu's hikashop options properly. With the new version, we improved the system so that if you don't configure the options before using it on the front end, it will automatically create the necessary modules/menus with default options. That's why I recommended you to use the latest version as it will be easier for you to create a hikashop menu without having to follow our docuentation.
"As with previous updates" ? HikaShop doesn't delete your data when you update it and never did so I'm not sure of what you're talking about ? Everyone is updating hikashop by just installing the new install package via the joomla installer over the previous version without any problems.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I have updated to the lastest version as you suggested, but my products still aren't showing the their categories.
The categories have been created ok as they are showing on the main hikashoppage, but when any category is clicked, the page is still blank
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
As I said in my previous post, you need to create a NEW menu once you update as it won't work for existing menus. Did you do so ?
Also note that if you follow our tutorials and create an associated module for your existing menus that would also do it:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...splay-front-end.html
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Apologies, I didn't pick up on the fact I had to create a new menu item. I have now done this but what has happened now is I have duplicate versions of the categories on the page and still no products listed in the categories.
Can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Had it all set up fine on my localhost but seem to be having issues configuring it on the live site
www.t-shirtshack.net/t-shirt-store
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
www.t-shirtshack.net/t-shirt-store/product/show/product_id-1
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Alternatively, you can also add/edit the variants of a product manually by clicking on the "manage variants" button on the product edition screen.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
www.hikashop.com/support/forum/4-how-to/...ok.html?lang=en#3938
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.