- Posts: 25
- Thank you received: 0
Product Listings - Show one category
15 years 8 months ago #6421
by hoken
Product Listings - Show one category was created by hoken
Hi all,
New to both Joomla and Hikashop, have a quick question regarding the products listings - I want to create a product listing of only one category, but I can only filter by 'product category', or the category directly below root, so it ends up showing all products. The documentation/instructions say there should be a checkbox for me to select, but once I drill down to the category I want, nothing is shown. Please advise, Hope that made sense. Basically, say I have two categories of Toys and Jewelery, then I want to only show the Toys category on one menu, and only Jewelery in another. Appreciate any guidance
New to both Joomla and Hikashop, have a quick question regarding the products listings - I want to create a product listing of only one category, but I can only filter by 'product category', or the category directly below root, so it ends up showing all products. The documentation/instructions say there should be a checkbox for me to select, but once I drill down to the category I want, nothing is shown. Please advise, Hope that made sense. Basically, say I have two categories of Toys and Jewelery, then I want to only show the Toys category on one menu, and only Jewelery in another. Appreciate any guidance
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 8 months ago #6430
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Product Listings - Show one category
Hi,
You need to create a menu of type hikashop products listing and in the hikashop options of that menu (you have a link to them on the right side of the menu edition screen), in the option parent category, you need to select the parent category ( ie toys or jewelery ). Normally, you should have a select button for the "parent category" option which opens a popup with a listing of your categories. You can navigate in your categories with the categories explorer on the left. Once you can see your category on the listing of categories, you will have an icon + to use it as parent category.
You need to create a menu of type hikashop products listing and in the hikashop options of that menu (you have a link to them on the right side of the menu edition screen), in the option parent category, you need to select the parent category ( ie toys or jewelery ). Normally, you should have a select button for the "parent category" option which opens a popup with a listing of your categories. You can navigate in your categories with the categories explorer on the left. Once you can see your category on the listing of categories, you will have an icon + to use it as parent category.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.151 seconds