- Posts: 7
- Thank you received: 0
How to display a brand is out of stock
14 years 3 weeks ago #64707
by Shadowpat
How to display a brand is out of stock was created by Shadowpat
Currently when you add a brand/manufacturer with no products attached to it and you either do a search by brand or shop by brand you will end up with a completely blank page.
Does anyone know how to create a 'currently out of stock' message for this?
Does anyone know how to create a 'currently out of stock' message for this?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 3 weeks ago #64772
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: How to display a brand is out of stock
In the hikashop options screen of the hikashop category listing menu that you entered for "menu" option of the hikashop category search plugin, you can turn on the option "show description" and then potentially enter your text in the description of the brand.
Otherwise, you would have to edit the file "listing" of the view "product" via the menu Display->Views and add some code to handle that message.
Otherwise, you would have to edit the file "listing" of the view "product" via the menu Display->Views and add some code to handle that message.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 3 weeks ago #64817
by Shadowpat
Replied by Shadowpat on topic Re: How to display a brand is out of stock
Thanks, I see where you are coming from with this. But it looks like I'll need to be writing code. I'm trying to automate it as much as possible, I need the 'out of stock' message to show up when I run out of a brand.
Any other ideas on this?
Any other ideas on this?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 3 weeks ago #64819
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: How to display a brand is out of stock
Then you should add such custom code as I explained:
<?php if(empty($this->rows)) echo 'no products found'; ?>
<?php if(empty($this->rows)) echo 'no products found'; ?>
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 3 weeks ago #64822
by Shadowpat
Replied by Shadowpat on topic Re: How to display a brand is out of stock
Sorry, I have basic programming skills so I'm a bit stupid on this.
I'd need to insert that code in the front-end css file (Somewhere around the 'product listing' code) in the General Display Options area of the main configuration page correct?
I'd need to insert that code in the front-end css file (Somewhere around the 'product listing' code) in the General Display Options area of the main configuration page correct?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 3 weeks ago #64917
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: How to display a brand is out of stock
That is not CSS but PHP.
As I said in a previous message, you have to edit the file "listing" of the view "product" via the menu Display->Views and you can add that code at the bottom.
As I said in a previous message, you have to edit the file "listing" of the view "product" via the menu Display->Views and you can add that code at the bottom.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 3 weeks ago #64954
by Shadowpat
Replied by Shadowpat on topic Re: How to display a brand is out of stock
Oops, sorry about that. 
Got it now, works perfectly, thanks a lot for the assist.
Got it now, works perfectly, thanks a lot for the assist.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.181 seconds