- Posts: 20
- Thank you received: 0
Joomla missing metadata keyword desc
14 years 2 weeks ago #65762
by sharq
Joomla missing metadata keyword desc was created by sharq
Hi
There is a little problem what I didn't realized so far. I always develop on localhost, and after upload project. My Boss noticed yesterday, that the description and keywords missing from the page source. I checked on localhost and everything fine, but on web, is really missing. I deleted the whole online copy, and replace that, but the problem remain the same. I checked my other joomla installations and missing from all of them! (Different servers) So I thought it is a joomla bug, but after 1 day googling I was a little bit angry because I didn't found any answer what can help me. Only me have a kind of problem?!?
I wanted to post it by message, perhaps you meet with before, and I'f you do, maybe other peoples have the same problem.
Thanks in advance!
There is a little problem what I didn't realized so far. I always develop on localhost, and after upload project. My Boss noticed yesterday, that the description and keywords missing from the page source. I checked on localhost and everything fine, but on web, is really missing. I deleted the whole online copy, and replace that, but the problem remain the same. I checked my other joomla installations and missing from all of them! (Different servers) So I thought it is a joomla bug, but after 1 day googling I was a little bit angry because I didn't found any answer what can help me. Only me have a kind of problem?!?
I wanted to post it by message, perhaps you meet with before, and I'f you do, maybe other peoples have the same problem.
Thanks in advance!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 weeks ago #65791
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Joomla missing metadata keyword desc
Hi,
I've never heard of that.
It could potentially come from your template index.php which would not add the meta data on your pages if the jdoc include head tag would be missing.
docs.joomla.org/Jdoc_statements#Head
I would recommend to try to temporarily switch to another template and see if that helps.
Or maybe your server is stripping your meta data for some reason and in that case you should contact your hosting company.
I've never heard of that.
It could potentially come from your template index.php which would not add the meta data on your pages if the jdoc include head tag would be missing.
docs.joomla.org/Jdoc_statements#Head
I would recommend to try to temporarily switch to another template and see if that helps.
Or maybe your server is stripping your meta data for some reason and in that case you should contact your hosting company.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 weeks ago #65870
by sharq
Replied by sharq on topic Re: Joomla missing metadata keyword desc
First of all, thank you very much for your help 
On localhost working everything fine, and on the web I have exactly the same copy! (but not working)
That's why the 'head' thing will not help, and that's why this issue is very intresting...
2 idea what I will try today is upload files one-by-one. (last time I uploaded a Zip file and extratched on the server. Maybe character encoding)
If doesn't help, there is some configuration bug. I look through my server settings and joomla config file.
Thanks again.
On localhost working everything fine, and on the web I have exactly the same copy! (but not working)
That's why the 'head' thing will not help, and that's why this issue is very intresting...
2 idea what I will try today is upload files one-by-one. (last time I uploaded a Zip file and extratched on the server. Maybe character encoding)
If doesn't help, there is some configuration bug. I look through my server settings and joomla config file.
Thanks again.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 weeks ago #65926
by sharq
Replied by sharq on topic Re: Joomla missing metadata keyword desc
Ok, found! The problem caused by the PHP::ZipArchive.
There is a bug inside, I will report it. Anyway working everything perfectly now..
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.181 seconds