Skip to main content

create a link to category

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #65887 by mohamed
How do I create a link to create category knowing nothing but the id. The link is created dynamically on one of the pages but not in the menu

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #65988 by Mohamed Thelji
Hi,
I didn't understood what you wanted to do, do you want to create a product/category listing ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #65989 by mohamed
I want to create a link that when a user presses on it he is taken to a product listing

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #65991 by Mohamed Thelji
Ok, so you can :
- create a menu through "Control panel->Menu manager->Menu Item->New"
- set the "Menu Item Type" to product listing
- save on time
- configure your hikashop product listing through the "HikaShop Options" link
- set the "Associated category" to the category that you want to be displaid

Hope this will help you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #66003 by mohamed
how do I do all that without the menu part. I want a normal non menu link. Is there a way I can do that

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #66316 by nicolas
No, you need a menu for a listing.
Otherwise, HikaShop doesn't have any display settings for the listing and won't be able to display it properly. Also, in some configurations, joomla won't even accept a link without the id of a menu and will display a 404 error.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.199 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum